For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

Toroid=cylinder for maint now, yes. Monarch still costs yah.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Thanks Commodore.

Sandbox of the correct dimensions and world wrap.

No gems.. No anything.. shakehead Let's hope there is some food just outside our vision.

[Image: PB%2018%20T0%20settled%20b0000.JPG]
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Ho hum... Just have to accept the double pigs I suppose.
dancing

I want to scout that plains hill as an obvious second city spot - I think I detect a flood plain in the fog there - but I think SW-SW is the best scout move for turn 1. So do we then move anticlockwise or clockwise?

Also how does this look for a list of city names:
Quote:Alfie
Butterscotch
Cornelius
Daisy
Englbert
Flossie
Gertie
Hazelnut
Indigo
Jelly Bean
Kirby
Lucky
Marmalade
Nina
Ophelia
Pickle
Quentin
Rocky
Snowdrop
Twinkle
Uncle Herbert
Velvet
W
X
Y
Z
Lurker suggestions welcome too...

These are our player and combo evaluations. They are totally final and we’ll have no arguments about how little thought we’ve put into them. There is a complex formula by which we distil the results of the player score and combo score into a scientifically tested Neighbour Attack and Conquest Outcome Rating (NACOR)

We’ll start with Contenders - the teams we don’t want to start too near:

Krill + Novice: Willem(FIN/CRE) of Babylon (Agriculture/Wheel/Bowman/Garden)
Evaluated by Old Harry
Civ and Leader: 5/5
Bah (FT: We need some excuses for ranting later)
Player skill: 5/5
yikes
NACOR: 0/5
Old Harry:
Just please give them a seafood start next to Plako or we’re all doomed rolleye
Fintourist:
We are so not going to lose to these guys! hammer
TheHumanHydra:
Oh no … they even got a good pair (I think).

Plako: Louis (CRE/IND) of France (Agriculture/Wheel/Musketeer/Salon)

Evaluated by Fintourist
Civ and Leader: 3/5
France is fine (note Salon synergy), but I would not have been satisfied with Louis after 2 re-rolls
Player skill: 5/5
Plako’s economic play in PB13 was not too scary really, but hey, results speak for themselves, plako wins stuff.
NACOR: 1/5
CRE Plako, nuff’ said
Old Harry:
We should really let him swap to a worse civ...
Fintourist:
Plako, Pitboss & Louis, that’s a bad omen for everybody..)

Pindicator: Qin Shi Huang (IND/PRO) of China (Agriculture/Mining/Cho-Ko-Nu/Pavilion)

Evaluated by Fintourist
Civ and Leader: 2.5/5
Nerfed China is OK, nothing more, Qin opens some interesting strategies
Player skill: 4.5/5
I think pindicator played well both in PBEM 45 and PB7 (and obviously in PB13 as well)
NACOR: 3/5
Pindicator is good, thus we don’t want to see him..
Old Harry:
He did pretty badly in PBEM54 though please
Fintourist:
Can pindicator make IND really shine?

Scooter: Shaka (AGG/EXP) of Ottomen (Agriculture/Wheel/Janissary/Hammam)

Evaluated by Fintourist
Civ and Leader: 4/5
Nice trait combo and look at those synergies!
Player skill: 4/5
Based on PB8 & PBEM45 I somehow feel that pindicator is stronger of scoopin pair, but my sample is small and scooter is surely good.
NACOR: 1/5
EXP starts pretty quick, scooter is good and AGG can be PITA
Old Harry:
scared
Fintourist:
Scooter’s level of play seems to vary and as PB13 is still running there is a fair chance that it demands a majority of his focus

Dtay: Mao (EXP/PRO) of Ethiopia (Hunting/Mining/Oromo Warrior/Stele)

Evaluated by Old Harry
Civ and Leader: 3/5
Quick starting, but nothing later in the game, is the Oromo any good? It comes just before tech costs jump, so has a decent lifespan.
Player skill: 4/5
Strong showing in the two games he’s played so far, I’ve no idea how though as he didn’t write one up and we’re playing in the other...
NACOR: 1.5/5
A nasty neighbour rant
Old Harry:
We won’t kill him early. Maybe later?
Fintourist:
I suggest we rush him with Jaguars latest by T75!
TheHumanHydra:
Basically he has one trait … old Exp, with other stuff thrown in.

More to follow...

(March 14th, 2014, 11:06)Old Harry Wrote: ...a scientifically tested Neighbour Attack and Conquest Outcome Rating (NACOR)
[Image: applause-gif.gif]

Two quibbles:
-I'd rather have Vicky of Aztec, Shaka of Ottomen, or Mao of Ethiopia over Willem of Babylon. Are you going nuts over cheap gardens?
-Mao deserves a better shrift, man. Old Exp, plus 10% more on workers, plus 35% work boats, plus markets, plus grocers, plus aqueducts...dude, that's not "only old Exp" at all. shakehead
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Quote:-I'd rather have Vicky of Aztec, Shaka of Ottomen, or Mao of Ethiopia over Willem of Babylon. Are you going nuts over cheap gardens?

Cheap gardens rock! (I think OH wanted to give them 5/5 regardless of the pair (lol)

Quote:-Mao deserves a better shrift, man. Old Exp, plus 10% more on workers, plus 35% work boats, plus markets, plus grocers, plus aqueducts...dude, that's not "only old Exp" at all. shakehead

OH does not like EXP and made me lower the rating on Shaka too neenerneener That said what I really like with our pair is that we have 1 trait to boost expansion and 1 trait that helps a lot if we survive 150 turns. EXP has many nice building boosts, but as a economical trait it of course can't match ORG or FIN (if there aren't just rivers everywhere!) mischief
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(March 14th, 2014, 11:51)Commodore Wrote:
(March 14th, 2014, 11:06)Old Harry Wrote: ...a scientifically tested Neighbour Attack and Conquest Outcome Rating (NACOR)
[Image: applause-gif.gif]

dito

Nicely done! Of course, with the fate of the game looking darker every day, I hope you get to see your evals played out!

(March 14th, 2014, 12:10)Fintourist Wrote:
Quote:-Mao deserves a better shrift, man. Old Exp, plus 10% more on workers, plus 35% work boats, plus markets, plus grocers, plus aqueducts...dude, that's not "only old Exp" at all. shakehead

OH does not like EXP and made me lower the rating on Shaka too neenerneener That said what I really like with our pair is that we have 1 trait to support boost expansion and 1 trait that helps a lot if we survive 150 turns. EXP has many nice building boosts, but as a economical trait it of course can't match ORG or FIN (if there aren't just rivers everywhere!) mischief

That was my comment, I wouldn't berate Fintourist and Old Harry over it (or you guys take the blame). No one ever said I knew how to evaluate anything, least of all in RB Mod (these guys scrambled the order of the evaluations, the first one was supposed to have a THH comment: 'I don't even know how to rate things in RB Mod.'). Thanks for taking the time to critique though.

I think commodore missed the bit about how those ratings are final and can't be changed... I'm not sure where "exp with some other stuff" is inaccurate though - its no value judgement on the other stuff! tongue

Are you going to be able to log in soon THH?