I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

(November 3rd, 2014, 19:00)Old Harry Wrote: So did I do the maths right?

Yup. I'm captain obvious here, but the principle is that the more multipliers city has, the more valuable harbor gets compared to additional multipliers.

- I think currently in less developed cities harbor does not become an attractive build before we have at least bank and library in place. With corporation just having one of those might suffice
- SA beats harbor unless the city is going to get really big really fast or it's going build/already has a decent amount of multipliers
- Gertie should totally get harbor though nod

Quote:Yeah, but if we suddenly wanted to build things with hammers rather than build money with hammers then we could. neenerneener

Flexibility card! Fair enough..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Looking at a 7-10pm play time again tonight if you're around?

Given our 60% research rate I think we want to get Oxford up ASAP, unfortunately we've only got one university built so far frown.

Also, what do you think of an attack on Pindicator solely for the purpose of stealing his Hindu Shrine? I'll see if I can put some plans together next time I'm logged in. Dtay's Jewish shrine could let him stay out in front without any late-game traits...

Seems difficult...the power numbers don't look good for capturing and holding a city overseas that he's going to REALLY want back.

Turn 157

I wonder what Pindicator could be up to?

Ahhhhhh!

Hmmm...

(November 5th, 2014, 15:03)Grimace Wrote: Seems difficult...the power numbers don't look good for capturing and holding a city overseas that he's going to REALLY want back.

Agreed, it's something we'd only do if Pindi gets bogged down with Cynheard. With two or three turns grace we could probably get a defence force in place to stop Pindi retaking the shrine, but it would be likely to spur dtay into action too frown anyway, it's not a likelihood for the next 20 turns or so... Also there may be an interruption for the good sailors of Marmalade getting to that coastline. I've long suspected that this patch of dark is where the lurker civ lives, but I thought it'd be surrounded by Mordor-style mountains. Perhaps its one of Commodore's Easter egg islands? I really want to grab Optics now!

Hazelnut reaches full potential next turn smile.

You can see dtay's first Oromo Warrior heading our way here. He's putting 16 EPs a turn into us, we're putting 30+ into him. Visibility on his cap cost 16 more this turn than last, which makes me think we can get sight back on all his stuff at this rate. the only question is: Do we want to know about anyone else more urgently? I don't think we do although I'd like to continue dripping EPs two at a time onto Pindi, BGN and Krovice and also try to get TBS's graphs.

Demos and power

Turn 158

It looks like Pindicator surprised Cynheard pretty well. I'd expect him to retreat his stack from Giedi Prime and put up a fight further back in his territory. Pindi's Knight stack should take Caladan next turn. In other news we got a bit of fail gold for Notre Dame, and we're now working on four universities to add to the one in Alfie. Just three more to start and seven to complete then we can build Oxford! Hmmm.

This is the stack for the Communist attack.

Running a few sims:
Sacrifice 3 cats Knights killed:
0: 1111
1: 1111
2:

Sacrifice 2 cats Knights killed:
0: 111
1: 11111
2:

Sacrifice 1 cat Knights killed:
0: 111
1: 11
2: 111l
3: 1

I think I like the second version best.

I haven't ended turn because I'm debating 2-pop whipping the Bank in Englebert and 4-pop whipping the Bank in Snowdrop. Englebert produces it's Great Person eot (please be a spy) so I guess it can do it next turn. Snowdrop is going to take another 4-5 turns before it'll be a 3-pop whip. I guess it's working good tiles, so whipping can wait.

Demos, Power, Crop Yield, MFG and GNP - If I turn research on we jump to #1 (just).

I decided we could 3-pop whip Snowdrop in two turns and Englebert can wait until next turn, so I ended turn.

I also renamed the recently captured cities, Infrared becomes Endive, Ultraviolet becomes Fennel, PURGE becomes Grass, Yellow becomes Herbs, Troubleshooter becomes Iceberg Lettuce (they love it but its really bad for a guinea pig!), Green becomes Leaves, Violet becomes My Finger (ouch). Here's a map in honour of all the new names.

I think we can get another 12 cities - three taken from Mardoc and Azza (we'll be razing D'oh) and nine more settlers. This is a rough order (1 & 2 should be next turn). Should we prioritise any?

lol at My Finger. Good names.

Nice empire shot. Almost got the continent on lockdown... almost. hammer

Hammer always, hammer more!

(November 6th, 2014, 17:35)Old Harry Wrote: I think we can get another 12 cities - three taken from Mardoc and Azza (we'll be razing D'oh) and nine more settlers. This is a rough order (1 & 2 should be next turn). Should we prioritise any?

I think no. 10 deserves higher prioritization. It has already improved crabs in the first ring IIRC so it should be founded before no.3 and so on. I think 4 & 9 are the most useless ones so if the situation with Azza or our galley logistics (12) allows any other sites those should be left as the last fillers.

And welcome new city names, it will again take a good while before I have internalized them though so don't be too mad for me if I keep calling Iceberg Lettuce as Troubleshooter the next 10 turns :P
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3