I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

I think Krovice are waiting for us to play. Is it worth declaring on dtay just to get them involved in the fight? Oh I'm so conflicted. Yet not conflicting.

Two hours on the clock.

What's your estimation here, will we win this if we just let dtay eat pindicator in peace and we focus elsewhere? rolleye

Civ meta typically sucks and dogpiles don't happen because nobody wants to be the one pulling the trigger first. And I don't like that.

I think we could just openly announce the world that dtay is our enemy and I think there is value in burning one city even if the costs are high and there are no real gains to be achieved. Just to show others that this is not a complete fake war and give dogpile a chance.

Let's just start a naval fight, force dtay to stuff more units into his cities and build ships? That already helps pindi and krovice a bit.

Personally I have absolutely no interest for playing 2nd place. We might as well go home. And I have no problem with "gifting" BGN the win if that will be the outcome of that.

At this point we still have cards in our hands, and I really feel that we should use them. Let's sacrifice ourselves if that's what it means and enjoy the war. I mean, it's kind of our responsibility, who else is going to do something interesting here and keep the game alive?

If you have a solid plan how to win this without stopping dtay, I'm completely fine with that. However, I strongly approve an approach where we take a major risk, start putting pressure on dtay, start a dance and see how geopolitical situation develops.

Need to run, these were my quick reactions. Sorry for being so absent. rolleye
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Just noticed your post.

Feel free to pull the trigger and remember to have fun by doing it wink hammer
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I'm afraid there are no pics as I'm on my work machine scared

Attacking Pyrulea:
- C2 Amphi Cuir vs CG2 Rifle 3%... LOSS but 3 hits! smile
- C2 Amphi Cuir vs C2 formation Knight 37%... LOSS with 4 hits
- C2 Amphi Cuir vs injured CG2 Rifle 65%... FLAWLESS LOSS frown
- C2 Amphi Cuir vs injured CG2 Rifle 65%... FLAWLESS WIN smile
- C2 Amphi Pike vs injured C2 formation Knight 99%... WIN (one hit)
Pillaged 76 gold and burnt the city smile. It's cost us three Cuirs for an unimportant (but annoyingly positioned) size 5 city, but I guess it's a good signal to send to our potential allies. The nice thing is that our pike might get a win against any cavalry unit dtay thinks about sending to kill it (although it probably won't).

Up north our two full galleons are forking five cities, two of which are underdefended right now, so that stretches him further.

Down south three full galleons (3 amphi cuir, 6 not) are forking three cities, two of which are under-defended.

As I was finishing off Krill logged in, I hope that means hammer... If not then dtay's production lead is going to be problematic for us...

The risk we face is that he's getting Chemistry this turn, then Astronomy next turn, so Frigates could hit us at the start of t172 if he builds up enough overflow on Trireme builds. Down south we have five Frigates a couple of turns behind, who might be able to cover our stack, up north we only have three, which isn't great, but more are on their way.

So I want to see blood, certainly. But I'm also curious - how's Spain doing for you? Have you broken even on the investment yet?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(December 9th, 2014, 10:55)Mardoc Wrote: So I want to see blood, certainly. But I'm also curious - how's Spain doing for you? Have you broken even on the investment yet?

Spain will be awesome, but still a decent bit away from its full potential. Let's hope BGN understands that we are doing him a huge favor and let's us develop our land there.. If he would back-stab us despite us potentially winning this game for him.. he would become our clear enemy no.1 mischief

bow hammer for OH. Are you already pulling your hair off and regretting what we possibly just started? mischief This might be a complete disaster regardless what we do, but there is possibly still a chance that we can force dtay to commit a lot of troops to his coastal defenses while we only invest a limited way to this conflict + get to see a dogpile. Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting a fake conflict/cold war, the whole naval build-up already guarantees that.

What I'm saying is that I'm not willing to give up on our winning chances just yet and there is no need to whip everything to ground just yet... There exists a scenario where pindicator, krovice & dtay spend a lot of units against each other and create openings for us. Obviously this will be great for BGN and we are possibly also giving some more backward civs a real chance to come back, and to be honest, sure, in a vacuum we are doing us more harm than good here. But hey, a game is not really worth playing if one isn't playing.. crazyeye

So bow OH, I hope my work pressure will ease up soon and I get to comment on our domestic development too and maybe we can finally release Azza from turn-playing duties. I feel sorry for him.. rolleye

I'm looking forward to coming turns, try to keep our EP advantage high enough so that we don't lose visibility if dtay reacts in that front.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(December 9th, 2014, 10:55)Mardoc Wrote: So I want to see blood, certainly. But I'm also curious - how's Spain doing for you? Have you broken even on the investment yet?

How would you characterize the investment? Hammers spent on dead units or on all of the units we used in the attack? Or something more nebulous about not being able to contest Liberalism because we had a war to fight?

IIRC we lost about 10 Knights and 5 Cats on you and ended with about 15 Knights and 5 Cats left over. So that's about 1150 hammers lost and 1600 hammers left over for later use.

All your cites at least broke even when they came out of revolt, the average maintenance is about 12 gpt. They are all in max growth mode though and most still have infrastructure to build (Orange has whipped two settlers for the south coast) so they will really start to pay off in about ten or twenty more turns. This was turn 166, I believe everything edible from Carrot to Nuggets was Spain so - subtracting the maintenance - at 100% research we're making about 85 beakers from them. Still a way to go yet...

Zucchini on the other hand (formerly Boo-urns) is already size 16 and pumping out 40 hammers a turn...

(December 10th, 2014, 07:48)Old Harry Wrote: IIRC we lost about 10 Knights and 5 Cats on you and ended with about 15 Knights and 5 Cats left over. So that's about 1150 hammers lost and 1600 hammers left over for later use.

I think our losses were higher than that, but don't have an exact figure to throw in. When we compare our losses to our gains things still look good though.

Of course if we lose you will find me complaining about our geopolitical luck reg
- us vs Mardoc
- dtay vs CH
- BGN vs AI

mischiefneenerneener
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

You think *your* geopolitical luck was bad? lol

Anyway, glad to see I've at least ascended from tasty morsel to 'needs some chewing and digesting'.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(December 10th, 2014, 16:40)Mardoc Wrote: You think *your* geopolitical luck was bad? lol

Anyway, glad to see I've at least ascended from tasty morsel to 'needs some chewing and digesting'.

Yeah, you guys were definitely in the lucky bunch for "nearby opponent difficulty"