Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

(March 3rd, 2015, 06:55)Old Harry Wrote: Unfortunately it turns out we are entirely bad side, like some sort of evil Möbius strip, and with peace on our eastern front our soldiers really need something to do...

Yes! You've certainly passed krill and commodore on my "worst neighbor" list. With excellent teching and terrifying blitzes, I dub thee Mansazuma!

(March 3rd, 2015, 00:12)pindicator Wrote: More like I threw units at you guys so he could take the city and I wouldn't have to log in again smile Edit - and yeah, I do have a bit of a visceral reaction against anybody invading me. Dtay got to see that when I literally evacuated my army from Cyneheard's lands and bought time, giving all my gains in that war back just to punish him for attacking me. Ah, that was a fun war smile

GG - I don't blame you for invading, I just wish you would have waited 20 more turns so I could finish Democracy and see the results of my Great Cottage Experiment. That GA that was born was going to trigger my Golden Age and swap civics to Univ Suffrage. Oh well...

As for why I was so far behind - I had to commit a lot to early war, thanks to being the middle bitch on my island. Never was able to catch up. In hindsight I got a little CKN happy with the war against Dreylin. Should have just kept teching, I might have been able to catch up if I had.

GG pindi! You definitely are our hero in this game for stopping dtay's attack. If he had not overextended/underestimated/you-just-made-a-nice-move this game might look very different..

Btw, You attacking completely out of Madrigal last turn might be your best way of paying us back for our arrogant invasion. At least we have required quite a while this turn as we are adapting to the new situation. popcorn
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 204

Scientific method comes in and we have five oils! Two on land and three at sea, but none in Azza or Mardoc's territory eek. Oh, and Pindi killed two infantry out in the open and dtay declared, burned Avernus, scratched all our boats and then offered peace crazyeye.

On the Dreylin front we've got a bunch of units scattered around - spoilered for loads of pics because I couldn't be bothered to make a composite I made a composite smug. The plan (Fintourist spent most of the day coming up with it) is to look non-aggressive this turn, then wipe out his stack with railroads, 70+ hitters and one Catapult next turn. Dreylin could burn four or five cities here if he wanted to, or he could retreat, but either way we'll kill a load of his units next turn, then try and roll him up before our 10 turns of peace with dtay expire...

We also have a Galleon that can hit his island.

(March 3rd, 2015, 10:20)Ceiliazul Wrote: You've certainly passed krill and commodore on my "worst neighbor" list. With excellent teching and terrifying blitzes, I dub thee Mansazuma!

*Sniff* That's the nicest thing anyone ever said cry.

Demos and power

Did you guys get granaries in every captured city and a forge in most as well? Crazy!

Hey THH - do we need to pm Dreylin? popcorn

I declared on him successfully. smile

(And for the briefest, most glorious moment, I was winning PB 18.)

Turn 205 project initiation meeting

Taking the composite pic of our forces from last turn and adding in Dreylin's units, to give us an idea of what will happen:

Not shown - in Avon Grove we have:
5 Inf
1 Cuir
2 LB
1 Archer

In Crow's Bridge we have
1 Knight
1 Cuir

And we can land a bunch of units in Avon Grove if needed this turn:
3 In
1 Rifle
1 Cat
8 Workers
2 Amphibious Inf
1 Amphi Gren
1 Great Spy
1 Great Artist

Now, moving forward, who wants to create some projections?

On domestic issues I think we draft Nuggets and Snowdrop this turn then next turn Izzy, Nina, Grass and Spike. In foreign affairs GermanJoey offered 115 gpt for a 1000 gold loan. He just got Facism and will have Rifling next turn, so I think he's going to make a load of Paratroopers and mess someone nearby up. It might be TBS. We can't afford it this turn as we want to finish Biology, but perhaps 500 gold might help him? I probably don't want to do this, but what do you think?

(March 3rd, 2015, 19:15)Ceiliazul Wrote: Did you guys get granaries in every captured city and a forge in most as well? Crazy!

All but two eek, and we got a Grocer in the Shrine jive. This is the haul (so far):

I never was able to build all three gold enhancers in that shrine city. Somebody would always come along and greedily take it right before the third one was to be finished neenerneener
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(March 5th, 2015, 10:30)pindicator Wrote: I never was able to build all three gold enhancers in that shrine city. Somebody would always come along and greedily take it right before the third one was to be finished neenerneener

Yeah, we will start a Golden Age at ~T210-212. I think we need to consider Uni suffrage just to be able to rush-buy market & bank there. (Of course lots of towns + uni suffrage hammer + GA is a nice combo already alone)

Just as a prelude to coming turn unless I'm mistaken Dreylin has 51 units in Madrigal and 19 in WC = 70 units while we have 72 hitters in range of those cities.... but that includes all our city defenders so there is an annoying scenario where we throw everything against Dreylin and he then burns 5 empty cities with wounded cavs that survive in WC.

Here are couple of our options:
1. We just win every battle
2. We take Madrigal and wound/kill enough cavs in WC so that we can organize a reasonable defense
3. We take Madrigal, stop there and try to cover our stack + cities as well as we can
4. We take Madrigal, kill as much as we can in WC and cover our cities by artist bombing Madrigal

I think offering peace /playing it nice isn't a real option here. We kind of have a unique chance where we
a) Actually can hit Dreylin's stack and kill his knights before he upgrades them to cavs --> ie in 10 turns we won't be in a situation where dtay has 100 units to our east and Dreylin 100 to our west
b) We have enforced peace with dtay
c) BGN is busy elsewhere
d) WilliamLP (to our north) should be busy too

popcorn

Anyways, let's see what we end up with. We haven't really had a team chat yet about the updated situation. I think the fun starts in ~4 hours. hammer
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Pindicator, did we ask you why you moved your stack two turns before we attacked you?