I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

(July 9th, 2015, 20:00)Old Harry Wrote: I screwed up some spy movements so no spies got unloaded this turn, but we'll be unloading five next turn and they'll be in the city t259 and able to sabotage t260. There will be twelve more the turn after, then more the turn after that. We'll have 8500 EPs to use t260. Then perhaps we can start running the slider...

This is terrifying. yikes

Reg overflow, go for it. Very nice build-up, i did not calculate but logic made sense. Reg spies, keep then coming! Let's try to blow up as Much stuff as possible during the same turn so that TBS can't rebuild everything immediately. Destroying cathedrals in combination with the relevant temple makes Sense. After the first move we can keep the cathedrals down by continuously destroying temples, which is cheaper than destroying cathedrals over and over again..Interesting to see how annoying we will manage to be smile greetings from croatia, it's hot..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Didn't want to post using your other account, Croatourist? smile

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(July 10th, 2015, 05:36)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Didn't want to post using your other account, Croatourist? smile

Living up to my nick nod
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(July 9th, 2015, 23:34)Ceiliazul Wrote:
(July 9th, 2015, 20:00)Old Harry Wrote: I screwed up some spy movements so no spies got unloaded this turn, but we'll be unloading five next turn and they'll be in the city t259 and able to sabotage t260. There will be twelve more the turn after, then more the turn after that. We'll have 8500 EPs to use t260. Then perhaps we can start running the slider...

This is terrifying. yikes

Only if I don't screw up the movement again smoke.

Anyhow I thought I'd check the overflow cascade in the sandbox because I still don't really understand how it works coffee, and it was a good thing I did - we're getting truncation, meaning that Stasis and Life Support are 3- and 2-turn builds respectively duh. If anyone can explain this so that an idiot can understand I'd appreciate it. crazyeye

I wasn't sure how much food we had and how many hammers are in the docking bay so I've been pessimistic here, but as long as we build Industrial Parks for the extra engineer I think we scrape in.

BTW Fintourist - it looks like your holidays are blunting your micro edge neenerneener.

Turn 258 prologue

Well I guess that's game over. We can land five spies this turn, then seven next turn, then four the turn after. Do we concede now or play out the last few turns hoping those spies will be enough? Presumably this is just dtay paying us back for ruining his game a hundred turns ago... I think there is one prospect for turning it to our advantage - capture gold could allow us to run mass research builds instead of wealth...

I've made a few moves, but the big question is do we go all-in on a dtay attack? I think we can burn Brady (his capital) and Hightower next turn...

It would be funny if Brady got sacked. lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Well, i guess this is a proper ending for our and dtay's story.

1. Can we finish our spaceship parts as planned?
2. Can we make enough commerce to finish ecology in time + generate EPs for TBS missions?
3. Can we keep our capital alive
4. Can we still somehow get 100 spies to TBS

If answer to any of the above questions is a clear no, we can either hope for BGN to stop TBS or go into concession / have fun mode
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

1. Do we think dtay has commandos? He's only threatening horseradish (engine) and pickle Quentin (casing) and that isn't for a couple of turns (edit: if he does have commandos, so we should be able to reinforce them easily).

2. I wonder if capture gold and the merchant who will get 2900 gold next turn might let us finish the techs we need a turn earlier. Will check how many beakers short we are at present.

3. The cap has a decent stash of ~10 junk units in it, but I think the defenders from our thruster cities should join too. Three transports isn't scary...

4. Our spies are all in place and can still use dtay's railroads to make their way to TBS' lands. But it's risky because our transports are trapped between TBS and dtay's fleets...

2. I think we can get Genetics a turn early (eot260) but we're 13000 beakers short of getting Ecology earlier - I don't think we can build that much extra research frown.