Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

I can't check the model before monday when I again have access to real computer. Did your t273 assume maximum amount of sabotage in Basilisk? Overall the game plan is clear, let's burn cathedrals asap in BC and try to stop the city from reaching 22k before eot274 (while elen must not reach 50k).

BGN's chance requires burning our capital while stopping/delaying TBS. So maybe he will help with TBS sabotage? He might have given up too.

TBS should not have more than 8 artists unless someone is gifting him a victory. In the end I don't really think that Krill would be that lame. We have been playing a competitive game for a year after all. But you haven't seen that great artist anymore?

Dtay revenging by stopping our spy logistics to TBS feels pretty blaaaaaaah, but I guess we covered that already and concluded that even allying with TBS is somewhat understandable given what we did to him.

It's clear, but I say it anyways: I think we should simply maximize the amount of spies that we get to TBS in time to harm the culture victory. Losing all the ships in process is just fine smile
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Well I suspect that BGN is either going to burn Elensfar or allow us to. dancing

We'll have to see - if we play first next turn we can use our bombers and fighters to pound Sablestone, then BGN plays, then TBS plays, then the turn after our commandos can attack. I'm a bit annoyed I didn't see this in time to set up the attack next turn, but we did at least get a bunch of spies offloaded.

We still owe BGN 1600 gold btw - if we do burn Elensfar we can afford to pay him back...

Edit:

Turn 267

Well now this is a tough call. BGN is about to help us stop TBS but then he'll attack us, GJ should be pleased with us attacking his neighbour, but I can't predict what he'll do. In the end I abstained. Hopefully everyone else will too and neither will get to be Secretary General.

My optimism about BGN helping us hit Elensefar just yo-yoed again. TBS moved everything inland and we need to get through a minimum of 52 units. That's a mere 26 commando Tanks thanks to blitz, but we've only got 7 Tanks, 1 Inf and 9 Cav. (If we'd started airlifting the ones BGN gave us back whenever that was then we'd perhaps have 10-12 tanks.) Unfortunately I don't think BGN brought along 14 tanks (he showed me a bunch of amphi Infantry, last turn, no Commandos frown) and TBS has enough Artillery in range to destroy any beachhead we try to set up... Also note that Krill hasn't gifted that artist just yet.

So I think sabotage is back to being our best bet. I took out the Confu cathedral in Elensefar again and updated the spreadsheet. I *think* that we just need to whack any Cathedrals that pop up from now on to push it back to t275, so we can move the rest of the spies up to BC to try and stop it getting to 22000 before t275. Assuming TBS only has 8 artists that's a win for us. If he's got 9 then its GG. BC has a 93% chance to pop an artist this turn.

Victory?

(August 1st, 2015, 06:52)TheHumanHydra Wrote: What is the state of the defences down there? I think I'd focus on defending. If BGN attacks you, that means he believes he can win, which means he believes he can stop TBS's culture attempt. You can't stop TBS's culture attempt any longer, but you can maintain yourself in a position to be the beneficiary if BGN does.

Well that's about the furthest city from our capital. We've got about 10 decent units in all the big cities and workers idling on the railroads to cause commando wastage, but Boldly can only have 20 units on those Transports anyway, so its not the biggest worry. I'll put hammers into a palace in the east of the northern continent just in case he's got something really special planned. dtay's 24 units + paratroopers is more of a concern.

Turn 268 prologue

We lost another three spies over the turn roll and TBS had a great artist born in BC. Is that his ninth? With four spies in BC this turn we only have the EPs to sabotage three cathedrals - the Security Bureau is adding 1650 EPs to the cost, so is it worth taking that out first? The spreadsheet is up to date for BC and Elens.

Before any of that though I think we have to throw the dice here - we can take out all but six of this stack, then we have to hope that BGN has enough commandos to wipe Elensefar out (31 hits needed, and the tanks will only be able to blitz the first six).

Defences down at Alfie feel pretty secure to me - I'll be disappointed if we don't need to move the capital at all... The Fighters are on patrol to prevent paratroopers landing. They might have been more use at Elensfar this turn but I forgot to move them last time frown.

Anyway, I'll play this evening, so any thoughts welcome before then.

You should be able to catch me in chat, but here are the quick replies anyways.

Quote:TBS had a great artist born in BC. Is that his ninth?

TBS definitely was not able to get more than 8 artists when we analyzed his production possibilities. The only chance for the 9th was in his NE city and for some reason TBS did not go for it. (that would have kind of guaranteed ~eot274 victory date IIRC) But dtay stopping our spies works even better so in the end the 9th artist would not impact his timing.

Quote:With four spies in BC this turn we only have the EPs to sabotage three cathedrals - the Security Bureau is adding 1650 EPs to the cost, so is it worth taking that out first? The spreadsheet is up to date for BC and Elens.

Quote:we can take out all but six of this stack, then we have to hope that BGN has enough commandos to wipe Elensefar out (31 hits needed, and the tanks will only be able to blitz the first six).

Let's discuss this quickly in chat. Our approach will depend on the first question how our stream of spies is looking in the following turns. The 2nd one requires a bit of discussion reg what can we + BGN do for Elen air-wise.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Turn 268 proper

To save EPs in the long run we hit the Basilisk Caves Security Bureau first, followed by two Cathedrals. We'll have five more spies to take out the other three Cathedrals next turn (although we may decide the Elensefar Cathedral that gets finished this turn is higher priority).

After a bit of discussion we decided to try and fork Glamdrol and Sablestone on t270. From Glamdrol we can hit Weldyn or Elensfar, if TBS drops the ball...

A backup plan over here - from Yasod on t270 four commando Tanks can hit the Ironworks city (and so the Eiffel Tower) where there is only a musket and Cuir on defence, so two tanks should do the job. It's probably a bit too little, too late, but might just slow TBS the turn we need.

Meanwhile we're stuffing Alfie and Horseradish with units, but I can't find enough transports anywhere to be worrying... scared

Turn 269

Joey is our new overlord. Wonder how he got to be so popular?

And I wonder if Molach feels dumb for voting for him lol. I said no.

Oh, AND we got an event which gave 298 gold. We also had Mil Sci stolen by William, which explains how he's been getting big score increases mid-turn.

Last turn BGN took Sablestone and Glamdrol from TBS, who then took them back. TBS also tried to take Browner from us - he killed nine of our defenders. I haven't checked how badly his attackers are injured, but there is a chance we'll lose the city this turn. Also this turn BGN will finally launch his spaceship.

This could be the last turn of the game. One artist bomb in Elensefar sends it legendary at the end of the turn.

TBS is starving Weldyn so it goes legendary eot.

Meanwhile he rebuilt the Security Bureau in BC and eight artists will send it legendary. We have 11681 EPs - taking out the SB costs 3436, the Cathedrals are 4686, but will only be ~3100 if we get rid of the SB. So unless anyone says otherwise I'll hit it first.

I'm going to finish the turn off in the morning, so any comments let me know...

Yeah, SB first is again OK.

TBS should not go legendary, unless:

1. He has been hiding an extra artist somewhere for a long time
--> unlikely
2. Someone has gifted him an artist
--> I doubt anyone would in the end be that lame and screw up an epic game
3. We have been miscalculated his great person prodution capabilties
--> Nah, it was very straightforward.

Would it be possible to launch a suicide attack this turn where we try to capture as many random TBS cities as possible and airlift spies into them?
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Stop trading with Molach was an AP resolution, not UN--Joey couldn't do another resolution right away anyway, right?

(August 7th, 2015, 17:47)Fintourist Wrote: Yeah, SB first is again OK.

TBS should not go legendary, unless:

1. He has been hiding an extra artist somewhere for a long time
--> unlikely
2. Someone has gifted him an artist
--> I doubt anyone would in the end be that lame and screw up an epic game
3. We have been miscalculated his great person prodution capabilties
--> Nah, it was very straightforward.

Would it be possible to launch a suicide attack this turn where we try to capture as many random TBS cities as possible and airlift spies into them?

1. I doubt nono
2. Krill isn't that much of a douche please
3. I don't know if BC has now popped two artists - I'll have a look back through the turn log noidea

Anyway we either need to stop TBS this turn or not at all, so I think a suicide attack is our best plan...

Oh, and well spotted CH smoke