Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

Personally, I'm quite able to separate one game from another and give Joey the benefit of the doubt in not judging his play here by his posts there. I posted quite strongly in GJJs thread when I felt his attacks were over the line then.

And I'd post the same here. I think your personal attacks against him here are unwarranted and over the line.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(August 11th, 2015, 15:57)Fintourist Wrote: The fact that TBS wanted to win with the help of that artist is disappointing, but it's easy to understand that the temptation is high.

I think I'd have accepted that trade in TBS' shoes - we certainly bought destroyers off Mackoti in PB13. The only issue is that we seem to have been playing a different ruleset to a lot of other players, with city trades used for meaning. If Krill can mod the game to prevent city-related messages and so simplify the rules that would be good.

Re: GJ's attitude to TBS - it sounds like they had a productive relationship all the way through the game (I haven't read the relevant threads, just going on what GJ says), possibly TBS realised early he could get the culture win without Joey's land and so cultivated a friend. I don't think he can be blamed for selling the artist, he got a decent price and it benefited his civ. (I reserve the right to change my mind after reading through threads though).

And I'd like to believe it had nothing to do with PB25, just because I already regret making that map enough. Don't worry Krill, I won't do it again.

I never said you did that on purpose and I don't believe you ever intended to. Please, I hope you don't think I'd believe you'd do that OH.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Of course you can reload and replay the turns now but as you have now knowledge you didn't have then it would be quite a different game with different actions taken and maybe a different outcome.

The Lurkers did not object to any of the city-including trade-messages and maybe you lost due to a mistake of the referee (=Lurkers).

It is the nature of the game that other people influence the outcome. This start from how easy conquest/expansion might be because of the set of neighbours you have (just imagine Krill and Azza swapping places) to people getting replaced by AI during a war and so on and so forth.

Maybe it is better to now let the game rest and refuse to continue the fighting with various other users else a really great game might be dragged down by personal attacks leaving only a bad taste instead of the feeling of a great (and most likely unique) ride.

--------------------------------------------------------

I want to thank you 2 for the very detailed and entertaining reporting of the game and also for your skill and play that made this game to the spectacle it was.

Turn 269 REPLAY!!!!

The replayed turn went slightly better than last time - we only lost one spy on the turn roll and destroyed the Academy in El, the Security Bureau and one cathedral in BC with only one attempt foiled. I deleted our commandos rather than suiciding them this turn. But still captured two cities to allow spies to airlift in.

Next turn coming up very soon.

Turn 270

Took out the cathedral in El again, couldn't afford to hit a cathedral in BC so waiting a turn for more discount - he'll build a cathedral and we'll get the SB and cathedral for 10% less.

Quite a lucky turn - no spies caught.

Tell me when you're playing T272 so I can gift my GA to TBS please.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Turn 271

Weldyn goes legendary, but TBS didn't take Sablestone back so we capture Glamdrol and airlift in another couple of spies.

Then the sabotage goes ridiculously well - we take out the security bureau and all the cathedrals in BC yikes

(August 12th, 2015, 17:01)Krill Wrote: Tell me when you're playing T272 so I can gift my GA to TBS please.

Ah, we're not doing that one until tomorrow night. Sorry Krill.

Don't worry I can gift it on this turn if that's helpful.