I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] By the Rivers of Babylon, FIN has no effect (on krovice)

(August 5th, 2015, 13:01)Krill Wrote: BGN left his entire stack open for me to kill with a single paratrooper.

Novice you make the decision if I kill it or not. Use the knowledge that we did wreck his late game and TBS just got a great artist. I think the game may only last 4 more turns.

You know, I had the same chance much earlier... BGN, stop leaving your naval stacks in ports already!!! lol

GG Krill and Novice! I may comment more once I have time to read your thread but I should probably focus on finishing the PB27 map first!

100% agreed that Paratroopers should have blitz. The fact that they can't even drop and raze an improvement makes them feel super disappointing, especially since they can't drop from boats. (and maybe they could load onto Carriers?) Even commando doesn't help much at all, since you can't "hide" Paratroopers since they need to be in a city without having moved that turn. So, any competent opponent will make sure there's no easy chances for Paratrooper to do anything. I think being able to raze is a minimum necessity... sacrifice 2 paratroops to raze a railroad to prevent reinforcements, now that sounds like a worthwhile tactical play and something a unit called a "paratrooper" would do.

Krill, I still haven't read your thread (or anyone else's, other than a handful of pages near the end of BGN/OHFT/TBS's threads. IM WORKIN HARD ON YOUR MAP), but what was your thoughts about all those loans you gave me? I probably paid you a couple thousand g worth of interest but I think it was still good for me because it got me industrialized and railroadized much quicker than I otherwise would have. However, it was still a really good deal for you too, as all that gold was essentially free plus you were able to get better KTB on the stuff you eventually researched.

IIRC I offered you and TBS loans in the region of 18% over ten turns, right? so 118gpt for 1000g, or multiples of them?

It worked well for me because I didn't need tech at that point, I needed to get to Destroyers ASAP to defend against BGN. I think I turned tech off for over 20 turns, and to stop the buildup of gold from being essentially useless to me, I was willing to the the risk that you and TBS wouldn't pay me back. I think I ended up getting something in the region of 2000g off the loans? Which probably would have gotten me to Destroyers maybe 2 turns quicker? Which was just about enough to stop me getting steam rolled. Or would have been if I didn't get given oil by OT for free dancing
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18