Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Sorry, we don't post on topic!

Slash and burn continues:

If I can force him to continue doing that, then I'll call this a success.

Managed to kill most of that stack and retreat the Cavs back to the hill 1E of the Corn. His siege and the rest of his Cavs are 1S of the Silks. Cavs can hit back at me, but he can't bring the Siege to bare - I think I'm on a better than 1-1 exchange, whether or not it's a losing prospect overall.

Got free settled GSci this turn.

William is laying railways and not attacking.

Looks like William is setting up another amphibious landing in the NW so I've shuffled some troops around a bit.

Basic plan is to configure defenses to try to answer possible attacks. Troop builds are fairly set by city; will draft them down when the final attack comes. Secondary Cavalry force is positioned to keep William honest in his SE city, as he has been running a thin defense there. He has airships though, so it's not going to surprise him I think.

If I can continue to force him to raze the cities he takes then that's a win. Outside hope is that TBS or another neighbour sees him as week and eats him before I get eaten.

Of course if xenu plays a turn for me he has the right to lose catastrophically ... after all it's only fair. lol

Well, the infinitely slow wheel of WLP is about to roll over the Ramen peoples. Infantry stack landed in the North and has met up with the Cav stack; meanwhile another large stack of Infantry and Siege is rolling towards the SW.

I can probably defend the South for a few more turns, but will lose the North next turn regardless. So it's take out as much as possible of the Southern stack this turn and hunker down in the North. Capital will probably fall next turn; maybe the coastal city as well. I think I can sufficiently dent the Southern stack to preserve those cities, but it will cost me all my Siege and I won't be able to stop the Northern stack as it rolls South.

Going to guess 5t before I get to rest.

Pulled everything back from the North that could be. Capital will fall next turn, but I don't think he left anything able to take the coastal city.

Hit the Southern stack with everything I could ... well all the Cannon & Cavs. Won a surprisingly large number of ~60% battles with the Cavs to basically render his Siege useless. Actually killed fewer than I'd expected, but the remaining are redlined. Think I can hold here until he brings the Northern force down, but he may have another force in reserve (or just be building it on the fly).

Maybe I'll stretch the 5t prediction out to 7t given William's conservative attacking style. Got another GG this turn - will be up to 20xp Cavs rolling out soon...

Nearly done. Down to 3 cities; William didn't have quite enough units to take Absinthe this turn so I've pulled the ragged survivors out and it will fall next turn. Stacks advancing on the other two will be in position to hit in 2t and it will be all over.

Well, that's what should be my last turn played (unless WilliamLP's innate caution causes him to delay at the gates). He razed the city he took this turn (Absinthe), so at most he'll have got 4 cities out of the conquest. Think I put up a decent defense, so I'm going to call it a win from where I took over.