Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Replacement Needed for ISDG

The Inter-Site Demo Game is wrapping up, but we are looking for a replacement for Team CivFr/Hulkmusclor. You would be playing as Willem of Maya, currently at war with CFC and Apolyton. We're on T224. There has been no diplo conducted for quite awhile, as far as I can tell. The ISDG sub-forum is here, and the CivStats page is here.

If anyone is interested in taking over, please post in the tech thread over on CFC. If you have any questions, post them here or there. Thanks!

I might be interested, a couple questions:

-About how long until the game ends?
-What is Maya's current game situation?

(March 18th, 2014, 11:55)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: I might be interested, a couple questions:

-About how long until the game ends?
-What is Maya's current game situation?

Thanks for expressing interest.

- Hard to say. The turns are moving very slowly right now, mostly because of Hulkmusclor not being able to play in a timely manner, but also because of wartime turn splits.
- Maya is in a hard spot. You are being attacked by a superior army from the north, and are also at war with your western neighbor. Cities are falling at a somewhat regular rate, but I'm not involved enough currently to know if the situation could be turned around.

Wait, did the current Maya player even quit? It seems like he wants to keep playing.

He is playing the turns as he gets to them, which has required pausing every turn to allow him to play. As a solution, he suggested to just stop pausing the game and letting the turn roll with his civ unplayed. Since that would create a balance issue, the admin (Caledorn), and others suggested we find a replacement.

I probably can't do it: I'll have at least one 5-day absence where I won't have good enough internet for pitboss. I can play for a couple weeks if you need somebody to keep the game running until a more permanent sub is found.

On a second thought, I can do it for most of the time. I'll just be unable to play from April 9-16, so I'll need a sub/pause then. Obviously, if there's someone more willing/able to play, I'll bow out.

I tried to register a CFC account, but the registration email never went through. Is there anyway to fix this? Also, it seems like Hulkmusclor played a turn after a sub was requested. Can you make sure that he actually intends to relinquish control of his civ?

Just cross your fingers and hope he gives up and leaves when you try to take over :P

The RB participation in the ISDG ended so long ago I can't even remember who the various parties were that were responsible, but I assume there is some sort of snarky joke that can be made about one of those teams now dropping out.

If so, please assume that I have made said joke, and that it was funny, and that you laughed.

Thanks.