I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[NO PLAYERS] Lurker Thread for lurkers lurking loudly

Oh man, all I could think about reading TBS's new post is that I can't wait to see how Gaspar reacts to this.

Yes!

If anything can cause TBS to lose from here, it's Gaspar going on tilt.

But for that to happen, he needs to have just the right level of hopelessness - has to think 'I can't win, but I can make TBS lose, and this is insulting enough that making him lose is worth my time.' Too optimistic, and he'll give in. Too depressed, and he'll not think he can make TBS lose (or not think it's worth the trouble).

So I wait in anticipation smile
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(September 22nd, 2014, 13:07)Mardoc Wrote: Yes!

If anything can cause TBS to lose from here, it's Gaspar going on tilt.

But for that to happen, he needs to have just the right level of hopelessness - has to think 'I can't win, but I can make TBS lose, and this is insulting enough that making him lose is worth my time.' Too optimistic, and he'll give in. Too depressed, and he'll not think he can make TBS lose (or not think it's worth the trouble).

So I wait in anticipation smile

aaaand Gaspar delivers. cool

Posting here to see if my name causes Gaspar to make yet another post about "lurker moralizing" [Image: emot-downs.gif]

(September 26th, 2014, 10:50)Commodore Wrote: I briefly considered Sid's but given TBS is already working on Biology and I'm also down Economics/Corp, I think I'll eschew that attempt. Nice as it would be to scupper one of his many first-to shots...

This is exactly the kind of thing Commodore (and every othere opponent) has to try to swipe. If everyone just says "well, TBS is probably gonna beat me to it so I won't try" then it's game over. Like punting the football when you're down by 3 scores... you gotta at least try!

I guess it's time to post this in the tech thread, then:

I have to run.

(September 30th, 2014, 01:30)novice Wrote: I guess it's time to post this in the tech thread, then:

Yeah, looks like it. Thanks, nice picture. thumbsup

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

What the font!?

(September 30th, 2014, 19:37)Ceiliazul Wrote: What the font!?

Not mine, that was the first screenshot I found in google image search.
I have to run.