Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Pindicator Walks With Dinosaurs

(May 15th, 2014, 20:41)pindicator Wrote: I did a bit of a renaming, although that was after the pics were taken. The capital is now the Visitor Center; the other city names are unchanged. I think that's a bit more focus for the 'Hammondian' civiliation nod

thumbsup

Also, Compys!

Turn 053

As I write this I need to play turn 54, but don't expect an update unless there's something that actually happened. We're not far enough along to have reports every turn just because.

[Image: pb19%20-%20turn053%20-%20monumental.jpg]

On 52 I whipped a worker, and overflow + chop = a 1-turn monument the turn after I finished Mysticism. The people are happy to have their monuments. And in 10 turns I'll be happy to have copper.

Last turn wasn't uneventful; I was just preoccupied and didn't update. I moved 1 chariot within shot of Anarchy and found an archer sitting in it. Having Thoth waste tech on archery was not something i expected; and 2 chariots against 1 archer with 20% fortify and 20% culture ... the odds didn't seem too good. (Side note - that chariot rush might have actually done something since it appears Thoth doesn't have metal yet. Ah well, I still would rather build numids.) So with a barb warrior coming from the north to ruin my workers' days, I decided to just to flash the single chariot and put the other one up north to deal with the barb. Now I can also use him to scout, since I'm a little behind on scouting.

Besides, I have another settler due in a few turns, and I need to figure out where he is going to go...

[Image: pb19%20-%20turn053%20-%20overview.jpg]

Options are:
  • Secure my border with Thoth by planting on the hill by the deer. This means I'll need another city to grab the the clams later.
  • Grab all 4 resources in the south by planting 1W of the plains cow. This risks letting Thoth put a city SW of the deer and really be a thorn in my side.
  • 2 North of the northern deer, and chop out a monument right away to get Corn and Pigs in second ring. But the pigs also need Iron Working and that really isn't something I'll be getting anytime soon, unless I delay HBR. (Gems in the east mean I might.)
  • None of the above: explore other options. Problem being there isn't too much nearby that isn't explored.

I'm leaning towards the south right now, just because there aren't a lot of great options. Getting something on an island would be great, too - Sailing may be a worthwhile diversion. This is getting less and less about numids and more and more about the Smart Play. I guess that's a good thing... alright
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

So I'm pretty much done with my turn, except I don't want to move the chariot down by Thoth in case he has plans to attack it (I dont' see a way he can, but it's theoretically possible). I've moved everything except the chariot by this point though.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 055

There wasn't much else left to scout down south. And where I wrote "City #3?" I really meant his 4th city - 3rd settler. Got myself mixed up.

[Image: pb19%20-%20turn055%20-%20thoth.jpg]

Up north I found Black Sword.

[Image: pb19%20-%20turn055%20-%20tbs.jpg]

My next settler will be whipped to completion in 3 turns. I'm thinking I want to send him all the way up here and use chariots to defend until I can fill in the difference. This is probably a suicidal idea if he finds out just how over-extended the city is -- but at the same time, it would just take 1 city between, and if I plant the city NW of the pigs then it should be very defensible and seal off the north and east for me to fill at my leisure.

Demos are surprising

[Image: pb19%20-%20turn055%20-%20demos.jpg]

And I'm at the end of my current plan, so need to get working on that
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

hey! chariot rush Mongolia??

Turn 058

Shit

[Image: pb19%20-%20turn058%20-%20northshit.jpg]

I spotted that warrior last turn. And seeing it fortify there makes me suspect a settler is en route. Makes sense; everybody's at 4 cities right now and it'd be silly for TBS not to be the first to five. Actually, it's kind of silly that he isn't there already.

More shit

[Image: pb19%20-%20turn058%20-%20westshit.jpg]

Another wave of barbs and I only have one chariot in the area to deal with 2 of them. IT wouldn't be all that bad, except...

...Except for this shit

[Image: pb19%20-%20turn058%20-%20thothshit.jpg]

Should have gone for Archery first ahead of Writing. Even if it is bs that my copper is as far away as it is.

Side note: when i started Writing I almost did Meditation. If I had done that I'd be the owner of Buddhism right now. Ah well, I went for development thinking my beaker deficit would be too much to trifle with stuff like that. So what is everyone else doing? Commodore was the one who got Hinduism and he's just as bad off as I am -- worse even with his leader.

I'm not playing this now. I was going to try to fit this turn in quick before i met a friend for dinner, but there's no way I'm going to rush a turn like this. That impi has odds on my warrior; at the very least i need to stuff a chariot back in the city and either whip the one I have building now or bring the one from out east back -- maybe both.

And I'm really unhappy about where my copper is. In case I haven't made that clear.

(And I also accidentally posted this in my 18 thread by mistake duh)
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Ended up whipping the chariot in Brachiosaurus, bringing the other chariot into the city, and bringing the chariot from Allosaurus towards the Thoth border. Then triple-whipped the settler in the capital to head north. Still barely get Writing at end of turn. Archery has to be next; no time for Meditation now.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Well that's game over.
Fucking copper placement
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Sorry to hear that, Pin. will you be able to make it expensive for thoth?

(May 23rd, 2014, 13:34)Ceiliazul Wrote: Sorry to hear that, Pin. will you be able to make it expensive for thoth?

I haven't logged in to see what he attacked with but he had to kill a chariot and a warrior to take the city, so he has at least two units. I have a total of two warriors and a chariot left in my core. I can only build words and chaos against an army of impi - bit of a tough slog that.

In hindsight I probably should have switched to Archery as soon as his city showed up. I was too paranoid about catching up from my initial beaker hole and getting to HBR as fast as possible. Lost that gamble. FML

Doesn't excuse the copper location though
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player