For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Tinker, tinker, little gnomes

Just founded a new city E-NE of the Tomb of Sucellus. There's a Kredom city SW-SW-SW of it, as can be seen by the cultural borders. Conquering Kredom, the weakest civ in the game, becomes a possibility.

My Luxury situation, so stunted in the early game, is finally looking up. I now have Wine and Gems, can build Carnivals in cities, and will soon hook Silks and Incense (that gives happiness with Pagan Temples).

I am falling behind in score, but I hope this will be able to put the Calabim out of their misery (kudos to Kredom for not holding the turn up even in such a situation as his). I also researched Currency and GE-rushed Guild of the Nine this turn, mostly for denial purposes. I don't want the Hippus getting it.

[Image: armey.png]

In his first city I'll conquer, Acaia, Kredom has only one Bloodpet (he also built walls there). I wonder whether all his cities are defended by a bloodpet, or whether he does have a defensive stacklet of some kind.

Kredom retreated the bloodpet, but I picked the unit with mobility I promoted Barnaxus (there're no roads around Acaia). Meanwhile, I see the Hippus building a road to my territory next to one of their cities. I should start building more Wood Golems there.

Pics? smile
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

[Image: clbm.png]

[Image: hipp.png]

Stasis hit this turn. I did lose 45 gold this turn from the lack of production, but next turn the stasis code did freeze my finances.

DaveV probably reported in his thread that he's under attack by the Clan. I'll send a Mud Golem to the general area in order to check on Clan troops and determine whether I'll use the small standing army in the east to attack the Clan soldiers, or whether I'll stay out of this.

Wow, the Hippus collapsed so hard. It seems that Stasis benefited the Clan in a major way. Let's hope that the Illians will understand the necessity of opposing the Clan.

My economy is fine, but I am producing Wood Golems and Catapults non-stop. Capturing Calabim capital the following turn.

Ooh, Samhain? Why does Yellow raze my cities with Loki, though? Now I'm forced to declare war on him!