Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Get To Know Each Other Better Thread!

I read the Bill James Historical Baseball Abstract as a kid, and I remember laughing at the passage "nobody was uglier in the clutch", but no way could I have remembered his name. lol

Yeah, that's a great line :D BTW, I meant to ask before: what kind of singing do you do? Solo or choral?

Hi! I am reasonably certain that this subject doesn't belong in this thread but i didn't see any other branch that had any more of a probability for housing it! So please excuse me if it bothers and feel free to delete it!
I'm planning to get myself a new gaming pc in the 600$ area in a week or so but my experience in the subject is nearly void! :D
As i understand the matter, buying the parts separately gets a better result than a default one! Can anyone here help please? Any opinions for a recipee within the given price range is greately appreciated! Thanks!
Never trust something that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die!

Lots of threads on that topic in this subforum. Most recent ones:
http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=6183
http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=6432
I have to run.

havent been on here much lately (life), but...

I'm a male, 37, and a father 5 times over.

Games: always enjoyed simulation games and am subject to the occasional bit of nostalgia (HESWare's Space Station and Sid Meier's Pirates are my favorites). I love the X-wing/Tie franchise of course. Starcraft holds an unnatural sway over me. Like Seven, enjoy the games where surviving and struggling against the system is an achievement all its own.

Work: Went to college on scholarship, but discovered the NYC chess scene and internet-based chess at the same time. There wasnt much time for college and being crappy at chess doesn't pay much, so I returned to Pennsylvania and helped build out the Internet. Through buyouts/acquisitions, I went from building infrastructure for 3000 customers to 5 million in less than 4 years. I quit my job last week to join a very small (3 person) technology consulting firm, which is a hell of a lot closer to working for myself than my last two employers (240,000 employees and 1,800 employees).

Play: My kids keep things interesting smile Coaching a team of 10-14 year old chess players starting in the fall. Also I love golf. I hate golf. I love golf.
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

Male, Australian living in the US for the last 11 years, married (30th anniversary coming up as is my 50th birthday).
No kids, 2 dogs (see avatar)
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(July 22nd, 2014, 10:58)Ruff_Hi Wrote: Male, Australian living in the US for the last 11 years, married (30th anniversary coming up as is my 50th birthday).
No kids, 2 dogs (see avatar)

I am away from my civ computer on the following:
July 24-25, 2015 (back about 9pm) mh to cover - hatsoff
August 7-10, 2015 (back about 11pm)
September 4-17, 2015 (back around 10am)
I am looking for coverage in Pitboss18 for those periods. MH gets first dibs.
pbem games may have to wait depending on game situation.

And you've already planned your vacations for next year?
I have to run.

oops - no. thx for pointing that out.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.