I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Imperium 41 - A Radical Experiment

In case anyone (like me) missed seeing White Mage's game thread in the Tournament Reports and Discussion forum, here's an announcement that it's there!

White Mage's game setup is radically different from anything we've ever done in an Imperium before - not just in the variant rules (we've had way crazier) and not just in its permission of game exploits we've traditionally forbidden (our early Imperia had no rules on those at all) but in the way he wants participation and reporting themselves to work. So this is a huge departure and a potentially exciting experiment in different ways of running these games!

I admit that I would never even consider setting up a game the way White Mage has - but "the way I would do things" is by no means synonymous with "the best way to do things," and since White Mage has put in the effort to set up and post a game (which no one else, conspicuously including me, has managed to do in the past few months) I'm happy to give his method a chance!

So check out his thread, and if you like what you see, have at it!

If I'm reading it correctly, everyone who signs up, finishes, and sends White Mage the files he requested by 3:40 GMT on August 12th will be counted in the tournament, so it's definitely not too late!

Just a heads-up/reminder: The date White Mage chose for the close of his tournament is in just a little over two weeks now. So if you were hoping to participate but kept putting it off, there's still time enough to play - but don't get tripped up by assuming the deadline is still eons away.

Everyone should participate! It's super fun! Highly recommended!