Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

EitB Civilopedia Updates Thread

(August 30th, 2015, 01:34)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Thanks RefSteel, good work smile
You're welcome - glad to help!

Quote:But Os-Gabella certainly has a different, negative reaction to Falamar for it.
True, after a fashion, but this is actually a different effect specific to Os-Gabella: She hates all non-females (-4 to diplo) but Falamar still likes her (his usual +2) and she hates him slightly less than the other guys: -4 for being male, +2 for being Falamar adds up to her actual -2 against him.

(I've now also tested this in-game to make sure, and she does indeed get a -4 "You lack grace" with other male leaders and -2 "You lack grace" to Falamar, while Volanna, Shekinah, etc. have reciprocal +2 "You are Charming" with Falamar.)

This is based on my fuzzy recollections of the "Momus" scenario, but if I had to guess at Furia's canon background, she's probably one of the few Balseraphs so dangerously insane that she alarmed even Perpentarch, who then in his capacity as Erebus's Master Troll decided that "violently psychotic" was equivalent to "military leader of men".

Whew, that was a long sentence! Anyway, here's my totally unusable and grammatically dubious take on Averax:

For the son of a Succubus, Averax had astonishingly few passions, all of which were varieties of combat.

"OH YEAH, LIGHT THEM UP!" he howled to a unit of Pyre Zombies, who continued to passively trudge onward.

Averax leapt past them, charging headlong toward the Leaves lines with his axe lifted in both hands above his head. "I'M THE BADDEST MAN IN THE BADLANDS! I'VE GOT A PASSION TO PILLAGE! I'VE GOT A CRAVING TO KILL!". He deftly dodged an arrow, not breaking his stride. "NICE TRY, BUT IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN PINS TO PRICK ME... OR PRICKS TO PIN ME!". He abruptly banked to the left, crossing several yards in the space of seconds and decapitating the offending archer with casual ease. "I GUESS HE LET IT GET TO HIS HEAD!" he yelled to no one in particular.

A Priest of the Leaves stalked toward Averax, pointing his gnarled stave at him with barely-constrained indignation. "Trespasser! Defiler! Abomination! You shall pay for your crimes against nature this day!". He slammed his staff into the dirt, causing an enormous tiger to suddenly erupt from the ground beside him. Averax turned to face him, red eyes glowing madly. "BIG CATS? OH NO!". Before the beast could react, he was upon it in a flurry of uncoordinated blows delivered with superhuman speed and strength. Averax laughed with joy as he stepped away from the mangled corpse, covered in gore and fur. "I GUESS THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL THAT CLAWS AND EFFECT!" he bellowed.

"Half-fiend, unholy perversion!" cried the furious Priest. "I will banish yoarghhhhblarghhh" he gurgled, as Averax buried his axe in the man's chest. "I GUESS THAT'S WHAT WE CALL A RIB-SPLITTING JOKE!".

So it continued for the length of the battle, Averax rushing from one combat to the next seemingly at random, hollering constantly. "I GUESS THE PEN REALLY IS MIGHTIER!" he quipped as he impaled a swordsman's heart with a quill. "IT SEEMS HE'S HALF THE MAN HE USED TO BE!" he cried as he bisected a fawn. "THEY SAY EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY!" he announced after eating a puppy.

Eventually Averax found himself surrounded, far from his troops. Two dozen soldiers advanced on him in a steadily tightening circle. "Make peace with whatever God will acknowledge you, monster, for these moments are your last!" announced a man who may have been their leader. Averax flashed him a pointed grin, before heaving his axe across almost the length of the battlefield, eventually colliding with one of his own pyre zombies. The undead staggered briefly before exploding, triggering a chain reaction that consumed the entire area in a massive explosion.

Standing untouched in the midst a blackened wasteland of charred corpses and smoldering ash, Averax sighed. "WE WON THE BATTLE, BUT AT WHAT COST?" he asked aloud to the lifeless wasteland around him. "IF ONLY WE COULD RESOLVE OUR DIFFERENCES PEACEFULLY". And then a second later he was off, running toward the next fight.

To be played by Ryan Reynolds in the film version, right??

(August 29th, 2015, 19:20)RefSteel Wrote: Already done! (Not by me.) Falamar's special diplo bonus with females is not done on a leader-by-leader basis, but applies for any leader with <bFemale> set to 1, which appears to have been set correctly whenever the new leaders were added.

(Note I haven't tested any of this yet; it's just my reading of the code.)

I'm not certain, but I suspect the new leaders have always had that tag set. The only new things about any of the formerly minor leaders in EitB is that they all got second traits- otherwise all of their information is already in the base game. I think you can even spawn them in SP, if you found a colony.

(August 30th, 2015, 18:50)Bobchillingworth Wrote: This is based on my fuzzy recollections of the "Momus" scenario, but if I had to guess at Furia's canon background, she's probably one of the few Balseraphs so dangerously insane that she alarmed even Perpentarch, who then in his capacity as Erebus's Master Troll decided that "violently psychotic" was equivalent to "military leader of men".

Intriguing. I think there's something there, combining this with Q's comments and yours further upthread, and I may even someday write her story if no one else does ... someday.

Also, that Averax thing was ridiculous in the best possible way. In case someone decides to make a Mana of Madness modmodmod with your Averax and my Furia as starting points, here are some Averax diplo lines to include, the best ones of course borrowed from you:
- Accepting Diplo: "ALL RIGHT LET'S SIGN IT IN YOUR BLOOD!"
- Declaring War: "HERE COMES THE PAIN WAGON, I GOT AN AXE TO GRIND AND YOUR BONES ARE MY WHEEL!"
- Dealing with Rejection: "WOO YEAH BABY, GONNA CHOP YOU UP!"
- Making a Demand: "I GOT A BURNING NEED FOR BURNING YOU!"
- First Contact: "I'M THE PRINCE OF PAIN AND THE KING OF KILLING! I'M THE SENATOR OF SLAYING AND THE DICTATOR OF DEATH! I'M SO BAD I MURDERED THE MINTON! THE HEADMAN OF HATRED IS IN THE HOUSE!"
- No Deal Possible: "YOU'VE GOT YOUR HEAD ON BACKWARDS! I CAN FIX HALF OF THAT!"
- Greeting: "LET'S HAVE A HEART TO HEART! MAKE IT A HEART TO STOMACH! I'LL SWALLOW YOUR TICKER UP!"
- No Peace: "MY WAR WON'T PEACE, MY FIRE WON'T CEASE! I'M GONNA BURN YOU OUT!"
- Peace Offer: "COUNT TO TEN! THEN I'LL KILL YOU AGAIN!"
- First Contact Peace: "GET READY TO GO IN PIECES!"
- Refusing to Talk: "YOU ORDER A PAIN SANDWICH WITH A SIDE OF DEATH? HERE IT COMES, FREE DELIVERY!"
- Rejecting Diplo: "CUT A DEAL WITH MORE PIECES FOR ME! COME ON, I'D CUT ONE WITH MORE PIECES OF YOU!"