Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Sheaims to please- Osseous Gabella's Death Metal.

Settler finished. Yell0w cast River of Blood, so we'll spend a lot more time regrowing then planned. Still, very happy we didn't try to outwait it - there's no way we would've wanted to be size two at this point! - so it would have delayed us far more.

I still think waiting on it is a mistake, but obviously I haven't simmed it.

(Also, they built a settler at size 3 or 4 but are now at size 6/size 3.)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

This is the turn that never ends,
Hold your breath and count to ten,
Feel the earth move and theeeeen
This is the turn that never ends.

I've no idea why that popped into my head especially as a look at the actual lyrics tells me that it doesn't really work very well. (And yes I realise I have a big part in the initial delaying of the turn.)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I can't believe Acheron was left on. Make sure everyone agrees the Clan aren't allowed to use any Sons they get via their WS- supposedly that shouldn't be possible in EitB anyway, but I'm not certain anyone actually tested it.

Where did he spawn? Please don't say it was in the northern jungle wonderland frown

Damn, I lost a long post about this.

Basically, he spawned on basically the opposite side of the world from us - so his main effect should be detrimental to our enemies.

We are about to found a third city - I'm going to add a few warriors before starting on another settler. The fourth city will probably go for the northern corn.

For the lurkers: Acheron spawned 1N and 18W of Prespur, Yell0w's capital.

I may lose a city next turn.

There is a HN C3 (heavily wounded) Griffon perched outside my eastern city (which produces a Great Prophet in 8 turns, and just finished a Light Worker. I wasn't sure if it was Kredom's or not, but it didn't move in the barb interturn, so it must be. Edit: I actually can't remember this being mentioned in any thread here, so I'll expand a little. Barbs almost never stand still, unless they're Spiders (who never move unless you go close) or unable to move because of lairs, tribal villages or culture. I believe that barbarian animals also have some sort of innate march ability, which I read in some report somewhere. Therefore if you're last in turn order in a PBEM you can be pretty sure if a unit is a barb or not based on whether or not it moves. At least that's been my observation.

If I were him, I would probably go for the shot, though I think I have odds.

One city behind all rivals, but only one in Aristocracy (unless Khazad, score and probably Game leader is), which I think is 100% the right choice for the non-elves on this map. Quite far behind in food and production, no doubt because of that. Second in GNP by a tiny bit, but considering I am producing literally 2 culture (yah for palaces!), I think I'm likely more ahead then that sounds. I also haven't done any microplans or simming, so there's that.

Hopefully I can leverage that tech advantage into Drama, which I head for (via Festivals) this turn.

Next settler in 3t, following one 3t after. Spots are here:

And here:

Like I said, Great Prophet (and therefore RoK) coming in 8t:

Other then that, just trucking along. Been precious little barb assault, although one is outside my eastern city right now. This is probably due to the ruins/barrows on the islands, and a few barb cities (I know of the Acheron one, plus one appeared a couple of tiles from my borders a few turns back).

So Kredom (well, there's a chance it's someone else, but we only have one AGG Svartalfar here) killed my warrior in the city, but it seems he is a little behind on mechanics, not seeming to realise that HN units can't take cities. He took a lot of damage, but the city wasn't dead. And where there's life there's hope:

...okay, not much hope. Still, I have a 30% chance at the barb, and if Kredom's behind on those mechanics, he may be behind on more. The warrior wins!

Sure he is wounded, but (as seems to be my motto these days) where there is life, there's hope.

I had the lucky fortune of spawning a 3-move worker (mutated to light) so I sent him off north, and moved the mundane worker to bait the griffon.
Then I send it off, barely daring to pray...

party

It seems that Kredom doesn't realise that it is the inability of Hidden Nationality units to take cities, not animals. Two warriors in now, and I can get more before he can heal. With a bit of luck he'll go searching the island ruins rather then hanging around harrasing me.