Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Rise of the (siege) Machines: HidingKneel reprises the Khazad [Spoilers]

(May 6th, 2015, 10:32)HidingKneel Wrote: Also, I now have an elven worker! Does this mean I can build stuff on forests?

Only lumbermills and roads neenerneener. But you can move onto forest and build them without losing a turn. Except elven workers are even slower than normal workers, and way slower than your dwarven workers.

Edit: ninja'd by Mardoc...

Quote:1) It's too easy to get dwarven druids.

It's costing you a ToD and a bunch of mana you can never convert back. With the same thing at similar tech level you can get most one-stage tier 4 techs. Is it really too easy?

I say this because I'm strongly tempted to cheapen CwN, now that normal Druids have been so heavily nerfed.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(May 6th, 2015, 14:15)Qgqqqqq Wrote: With the same thing at similar tech level you can get most one-stage tier 4 techs.

Disagree with this. I think Commune with Nature is the most expensive tech that I'm able to grab right now (not 100% sure on this), but more importantly I've made minimal investments in the prerequisite techs (Arete is what, 800 beakers?) Being able to leapfrog from a useful 800 beaker tech to a really useful 6000 beaker tech with a ToD is too tempting, IMO.

(Note also that ToD is not the only way this can happen... I could have popped Commune with Nature from a dungeon or gotten the orb event any time after teching Arete).

I don't object to making Commune with Nature cheaper. I just think it needs more prerequisites. (I liked the prerequisites in standard FFH. But a simple fix is just to remove Arete as a qualifier.)

True.

If Arete is removed, Hidden Paths remains?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.