Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

What do Revolting Raiders and Monsters Gone Wild do, exactly?

In the 1.40 patch, there are two options called Revolting Raiders and Monsters Gone Wild. How do these work, exactly? It's not specified in kyrub's notes.

I get the idea that rampaging monsters and raiders will be spawned more often - but how? I thought that raiders only appeared when a neutral city filled up its garrison box. It then dispatches raiders and starts building better units. Consulting the Official Strategy Guide, my thinking is wrong. A neutral city is selected to create raiders, and the raiders are cloned from the garrison. Then, one-third of the garrison is removed. The formula is (Units in City x Game Difficulty / 6) with a minimum of 1, and Game Difficulty being 0=intro, 1=easy, 2=normal, 3=hard, 4=impossible. It would also be useful to know where Extreme difficulty fits in on these types of formulas.

Rampaging monsters are generated randomly from ruins on the same continent as a non-neutral city. But how often? The OSG doesn't say, it just says a guaranteed group on turn 50 and randomly thereafter. Here's the chart.

[Image: mmmPfZC.jpg]

as far as i remember, these options work with quality of groups, not quantitiy.
There was a bug in vanilla : on myrran , the generated strength of monsters become half strength than on arcanus. With this option it appears double strength than on arcanus.

I believe it gets rid of the half strength for being on the same continent as a wizard's fortress.

(July 29th, 2014, 00:10)Asfex Wrote: There was a bug in vanilla : on myrran , the generated strength of monsters become half strength than on arcanus. With this option it appears double strength than on arcanus.
Is this a bugfix on 1.40n, or do you have to enable Revolting Raiders and Monsters Gone Wild to get it?

Quote:I believe it gets rid of the half strength for being on the same continent as a wizard's fortress.
Is this the same as the item above? Is it being remembered correctly?

(August 1st, 2014, 00:23)Tiltowait Wrote: Is this a bugfix on 1.40n, or do you have to enable Revolting Raiders and Monsters Gone Wild to get it?
You must check RR and MGW to start fix to work.
However, in my mod , it work automaticaly, but this boxs means " raiders appear every turns", and "monsters appears every turn",and drop a counter to zero.
Yes, in vanilla there is a counter to summon theese monsters. it increases every turn by the game difficulty, and drop to zero if raiders has been appeared.