For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[TECH] Unified announcement thread for Pitbosses/NatNeg Server hosted by Caledorn

This thread is for unified announcements regarding all the Pitbosses I host (power failures, Windows Updates, hardware-related upgrades in the hosting company, etc).

I will post in this thread only if something occurs that relates to ALL the games I am hosting, and will continue to use the game-specific tech threads for posts related to the individual games.

The following people have been granted full access to the server via Teamviewer, and also has access to the admin password of the games so they can reload/start the games in case I am not available:

* Spacetyrantxenu
* Grimace
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

And for the first announcement, some weather forecasts tell of multiple thunderstorms over the next days. Whether or not these forecasts come true remains to be seen, but be prepared for the server going down just in case. I will post in this thread if I need to take the server down, and also when all games are back up if I need to take it down.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Thunderstorm!

All games down.

All games are back up! smile

Thunderstorm. Had to emergency shutdown stuff, so there will be turns that need to be replayed. frown

PB18 appears to be down at the moment.

Yet another thunderstorm... I managed to save this time though.

This is an unusually high activity of thunder, even though it is that season here now. Will post in this thread when the games are back up, since I don't need to announce specific playersaves.

All games are back up smile

I expect there will be more weather like this the upcoming weeks. I suggest that if you've done a lot of stuff in your turn, take the extra 3 minutes after you've logged out to log in again so you generate a new autosave.

(August 12th, 2014, 21:31)Caledorn Wrote: All games are back up smile

I expect there will be more weather like this the upcoming weeks. I suggest that if you've done a lot of stuff in your turn, take the extra 3 minutes after you've logged out to log in again so you generate a new autosave.

And don't walk away to get ready for work while it loads and forget about it...

duh

I updated the opening post:

Quote:Edit: Please be aware that at the moment when Caledorn's server goes down the NatNeg server he's hosting goes down with it. If you're experiencing difficulty in initiating concurrent Direct IP game connections and are using Caledorn's NatNeg server to do so, please check this thread when you're experiencing the connection issue. Once the server is back online the NatNeg application will again be able to facilitate network address translation negotiation services. -spacetyrantxenu

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon