For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[TECH] Unified announcement thread for Pitbosses/NatNeg Server hosted by Caledorn

I got kicked out of PB26 mid-turn and it appears to be down now.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(May 23rd, 2015, 12:46)pindicator Wrote: I got kicked out of PB26 mid-turn and it appears to be down now.

Reloaded to your login save from 15 minutes ago, try again.

Edit: That's a clear failure of reading a 24 hour clock on the server. Login save from 2:15 ago....

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Failed to connect to PB25, and now shows an "uploader timed out" message in CivStats.

It looks like the server is completely down. I'm unable to connect to it remotely and PB25 at least is unavailable. I'll notify Cal.

EDIT: Just FYI, I haven't heard from him for a couple of weeks and he hasn't posted anything to his facebook or twitter in that same time frame, so he may be difficult to get in contact with right now. Since I don't (and I suspect Xenu doesn't) have a way to get in contact with the person who actually hosts the VM image of the server, we'll definitely need Cal for this, so don't be surprised if the games are down for a while.

I wonder... are respective saves in any way available without Cal? If not... I suggest we fix that.

Ok, I just spoke to Cal and he said the server hosting the games had a hardware failure, so it's down for now. No ETA on when it will be back up, but I'll keep everyone posted.

As far as the saves go Gavagai, I don't disagree, but given how many saves are actually generated, it would be very hard to keep current save data copied off the server.

The saves are synced to Dropbox. I'll do what I can when I'm able to. I'm struggling mightily to not zerg rush my employer right now....

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Well, our alternative is to start PB22 anew and do all the same moves we did during the game to get us to the current situation. Combats should be replayed until we get the same results which we had in the original game.
It will take a lot of time, so we'd better start doing it right now.

(May 29th, 2015, 12:13)Gavagai Wrote: Well, our alternative is to start PB22 anew and do all the same moves we did during the game to get us to the current situation. Combats should be replayed until we get the same results which we had in the original game.
It will take a lot of time, so we'd better start doing it right now.

Or someone could come up with a really challenging adventure/scenario of some sort we could all play instead of twiddling our thumbs waiting.

Hey folks -- latest update:

The server is completely unavailable and will be until after the weekend as the host has to order parts. It is possible there will be a loss of recent data, but we won't know until the server is brought back up.

In the meantime, looks like we'll have to find other things to amuse us over the weekend. Fortunately, I already had plans to go camping. smile