Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

MRGG update

(July 23rd, 2015, 22:14)Hadriex Wrote: I am so looking forward to this game.

BTW can I get a handy list of races that CAN produce warships?
Here ya go!

http://masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Warship

http://masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Maritime_Guild

Try to prioritize construction of the Maritime Guild over other structures, but it's not a hard-and-fast rule. Like, if you need to build troops for defense or an Animist's Guild because you're short on food or whatever, then go ahead and do that. It's not like you have to build nothing but Warships once you have the capability, it's just so the playthrough feels different. But the Maritime Guild comes before, say, a Parthenon because you want Priests. You don't have to raze non-coastal cities that can't build Shipwrights' Guilds, that's going too far. But...maybe...

Lizardmen units have +1 hit points per figure AND +1 shields AND they treat all water tiles as plains, with no increase in production cost compared to other base units! This can be a decisive advantage when it's 2HP Spearmen or Swordsmen vs. other 1HP/figure low-level units. Javelineers are a cool unit that I like to use even when I'm playing another race, they are the rare unit that is good at both ranged attack and melee (Horsebows are the other). Both units benefit from advancing to within 2 squares of the enemy (1 empty space between or adjacent) to launch their missiles with no to-hit penalty, since they don't get slaughtered in melee like most other missile troops. Dragon Turtles need no introduction, although they are not a killer endgame unit due to the lack of +1 to-hit bonus for Alchemist's Guilds.

Lizard population grows quickly, but their primitive society can't build many structures so they need to grow. They have just enough brain to know that they need to conquer races who have brains (but they do not see the use of taking slaves who do not share their love of water). Lizardmen like to find new places to expand, and are very curious about the outside world beyond their mud huts. Do not leave any stone unturned, every unknown square on both worlds must be uncovered either with magic spirits or ships or Earth Lore, using F2 to frequently check the world map for stray black squares. Deserts are your kryptonite, no lizard unit may enter, only non-lizards. Prioritize the acquisition of Change Terrain to get rid of them all. You may never cast this spell on swamps! Lizards also like to use F4 and F5 every dozen turns or so to keep up with current events among the cursed land-bound wizards. Get rid of the arid! Down with the dehydrated! The Dusties must be drenched!

Oh, and if for some reason you get Draconians, you can keep them because your long-lost cousins have much to teach you, and you are greatly impressed by their Air Ships (you must prioritize the Ship Yard to produce them). Heroes and mercenaries and summoned units of any race may be kept provided they get Water Walking cast on them to fit in. Ordinary other-race troops don't need Water Walking unless they are in a hero stack. You particularly despise Nomads due to their desert nature and must prioritize their destruction to avoid them drying out the world. Nomad cities count as deserts no matter what the underlying terrain.

I dub thee the Lizard King!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgeI0DDP8 (Introduction)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbe7uHURS_8 (Action sequence)

This challenge is open to everyone, by the way. Let us know how it turns out! That bit about turning off Soundblaster music in favor of Roland MT32 goes for all of you as well. And install Psyringe's PLIGHT improved help file before playing to be able to right click on anything and everything in the interface to get more information.

Yeesh, I spent far too much time writing this and in the other thread about annoyances...I'm avoiding work right now rant This is probably way too much to remember. I started with just the first paragraph and it snowballed from there. banghead This is so big now it probably deserves its own thread.

Lizardmen were the race I first chose when I started playing MoM. I particularly liked Dragon Turtles. That is indeed a unique challenge with a number of interesting role-playing elements. Lizardmen ftw!

(July 23rd, 2015, 22:06)Hadriex Wrote: All right, that's the third challenge I've received/ And will be the third one I'll attempt.

Out of curiosity, what are your first two challenge games?
Creator and maintainer of the Master of Magic Random Game Generator (MRGG)

How can I destroy the nomads if I can't enter their cities to kill them?

Challenge 1: All the summoning spells in the game are learnable, can't take basic units out of cities, can't summon more then 2 of any type of summoned unit.

Challenge 2: Heroes only. Basic units have to stay in cities. I'd have to look up what he gave me for starting races and picks.

(July 24th, 2015, 16:10)Hadriex Wrote: How can I destroy the nomads if I can't enter their cities to kill them?

That's the job of your non-lizard units, summoned units, and heroes. wink (Look at the "kryptonite" sentence...that's what I meant about this probably having too many rules to remember.) Lizards will dry up and blow away in those hostile climates! It's an attempt to avert the Stack-O-Doom concept, or at least shake things up a bit.

Btw Hadriex I posted parts 2 and 3 of your latest game on my MMRG page. It's good to see your play is improving due to good advice (eg Recall Hero) from Tiltowait and others. Also, don't unncessarily step on the houses of a city during battle since it will destroy the city a lot more than if you fight outside the city.
Creator and maintainer of the Master of Magic Random Game Generator (MRGG)

Thanks.

There's more depth in Master of Magic then any ten strategy games you care to name. And I'm a long way from mastering it. I figure I'll have to step up my game a good deal yet if I'm to keep taking these challenges smile