I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Is Pitboss 18 Killing RB?

Oh boy someone call me retap again nono

People be busy yo!
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Speaking of reporting being down... I think it might partially be because we have more single players and fewer teams (and teams tend to report a lot better). When the main game type is PBEM, and a 6th or 7th player wants to join, you tell them to team with someone. But the big pitboss games tend to be "the more, the merrier". We also have a lower number of teams due to people dropping out over the summer.

In addition to all of the above, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that a significant factor is that a number of the games we have running now simply aren't very interesting from an outside perspective. Quite a few of the games currently running are poorly reported. Several are stuck in the early game, which has been dissected over and over again, with little novelty left to lurk. Over half are also using a mod or modmod of some stripe, which naturally turns some people off.

Give the games time, I'm sure at least a couple will become more interesting with age smile

Add another +1 to Ceiliazul--I don't know how someone can lurk most (if not all) of the PB18 threads, but Ceiliazul has appeared to do so.

Is there a model that allows large teams to exist, while still providing the excitement of games with multitudes of players? Can the demogame model work with some tweaks to prevent everyone from dropping in the first month? Maybe some sort of actual team game? (2-player teams, 6/8 teams total on the map for 12/16 players total, a dedicated focus to encourage people to ded-lurk since communication (reporting) is basically required between teammates)

I'd be interested in a team game at some point. I think that PB6 was one of the more fun games to lurk.

(August 22nd, 2014, 15:50)GermanJojo Wrote: On a more personal note, if it wasn't for the gentlemanly lurking of Dr. Ceiliazul I might have given up on reporting PB18 months ago.

Aw, thanks guys. We moved in July and I haven't checked the general forum until today.

Actually, when PB18 started I recognized that it would be a lurker vacuum. I pretty much sat it out so that I could lurk it, figuring that no one else would. Happy it's helping keep things fresh for some.

Hooray for Ceiliazul!

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2