I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Breaking Newbs: A Title I Already Regret Writing

retep declared on Cornflakes, which is good (???), but REM has a very dangerous stack on my border, which blows. Not much to do about it save build LB everywhere and continue teching Engineering.

Ah well, this will be a 2-person game soon, or at least effectively one. Totally my own fault that REM is running over me; I stagnated my military for far too long as I tried to play catch-up, and I made a terrible error in helping him against Jowy.

I oddly don't really care that my empire is getting wrecked though; I never formed much of an attachment to it. It always seemed like a strung-out trainwreck to me, where the only natural border was a large sea which mostly cut me off from the east. That turns have been so unreliable never did much to endear the game to me either.

I'm curious if Protective ever did me any good. Obviously it's not now, but I look forward to finding out if it prevented a WC rush or something similar. If not, it was totally and utterly worthless. No way Financial was better than two decent traits.

(November 14th, 2014, 00:37)Bobchillingworth Wrote: I think Cornflakes might be a little checked out here...

At the very least he could have whipped a Warrior there, if only to spite me. He surely saw the Galleys last turn. Well, whatever, I kept it. No way I could allow that city to stand. Proposed peace, since my objective is complete and I'm not interested in spending any hammers if I can avoid it. If he refuses I'll head deeper into his territory and play pirate.

I don't know how I missed your galleys smoke but I never held a grudge for this. I would have re-captured at some point, but short- and mid-term it would have been a far to expensive conquest for minimal gain on my part. I should never have founded that city until I had a garrison to back up such a plant. I don't remember why I didn't take peace and gave up that worker. I remember that happening though because I posted lots of smokesmoke and duhduh in my thread at the time.

No offense, but I'm not sure I would have ever allowed you to actually retake that city :P It did allow direct access to my core, after all. I know I didn't do a great job defending against REM, but even when I was at my weakest and you had stabilized against retep you never made a move. Had I not been totally crushed by REM I'd have def. invested a fair bit of fortifications there.

Speaking of islands, I'm kind of perplexed I was able to settle "yours" as well. That one I did expect to lose to you fairly quickly, but no retribution ever came.