I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Wilderness

Thanks. I thought it was a good plan. Well, it took Bob one turn to give REM iron. So, yeah, the plan is fucked.

We're going to be fighting 12 STR 2-movers while sharing borders with him in four different corners of our empire. We won't have pikes for at least 20 turns and even pikes won't get odds on them without defensive bonuses.

Ironically the right play in this situation would have been to war chariot rush REM, which is exactly the kind of play that's gotten me into trouble every game.

Anyway let's see how long we can survive hammer

Hey, at least he's got one fewer city to make them!

And fewer ICTR to research the tech.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(December 22nd, 2014, 16:36)Bobchillingworth Wrote: I am no longer interested in this game, but I am also content to play on.

Well this explains it. If he was paying attention to the game he'd probably know that I was doing him a huge favor by forgiving his attack on me and going after REM who is a threat to us both.

Variant goal: punish Bob? (And don't get phracted to death) lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

As I posted in the other thread you created, I'm up for taking over for you in this PBEM. Been forever since I've played a PBEM, and I was just thinking that I might want to get into another one of those rather than jumping into whatever new PB starts up next.

Great! You are in. I'll let the others know.

From what I remember, immediate plans (or "tricks"):
1. There are 3 loaded galleys in the north sea, which are in range of a REM city that only had 1 warrior defending it last turn. They should be hidden to him. If he didn't reinforce or block the way, raze the city.
2. There is a small stack NW, it's only there to draw troops from REM to that front. Don't try to attack with it.
3. There's a galley SW and a few units on land that can harass or raze REM's cities on that front, or at least draw troops there.
4. There's a galley SE loaded with 2 war chariots that might be able to raze a REM city, he drew defenders from that city to north to defend a horse tile.

Long term plans:
1. REM can build cataphracts soon, the attack on him was to prevent him from doing that, but Bob gifted him a second iron. Slowing him down is the secondary effect, which also works in our favor.
2. Beeline Engineering to get pikes for defense. Don't forget to settle an iron city to the south so you can build em.
3. ^ You'll get maces and catapults on the way, which will probably be the units you want to attack out with if it comes to that.
4. If you can survive the attack without wasting too many resources, or make him attack Bob instead, then you will be in the lead and favorite to win. But the map is deadly and I predict that wars will be a plenty.
5. Don't trust Retep, he can do a naval attack just for the fun of it like he did in PB11.
6. Cornflakes and Bob seem to be disinterested in the game. Abuse that if you can.
7. REM has done some newbie things this game so don't be afraid of him, he will make mistakes and you can outplay him.

The civ password is "asd"

I don't have time to play out the turn right now, but at first look that city in the sea has gotten a Longbow added to it, plus he has a Galley & Trireme blocking the way. So no razing of that city. Will need to decide what to do with all those troops. Likely will put a couple of them in Bikini Bottom to help hold it, and send the rest back to the mainland for defense.

Had you considered building any Walls for defense while working towards Engineering? I'm thinking I might do that for those border cities. Might be just the added boost the Spearmen need until I can get out some Pikes.
Anyway, that's the only thoughts I have right now that I can work on. Gotta do some other stuff before I can actually play through the turn.

Walls can work yeah. The large border is what devalues them a bit. You'll also need to start spamming roads around cities to match him in maneuverability.
Btw nevermind about the iron plant, I think we had another source in the desert.

(January 7th, 2015, 10:31)Jowy Wrote: Walls can work yeah. The large border is what devalues them a bit. You'll also need to start spamming roads around cities to match him in maneuverability.
Btw nevermind about the iron plant, I think we had another source in the desert.

Yeah, I already built 1 wall near the border (from a chop) and going to build one other wall. A few of the other cities are already at 40% defense from culture, so making it 50% from the walls isn't worth the hammers.
I also already just sent two of the workers to road that desert Iron, and the mine it. That way it's done when we eventually get Machinery (to maybe build a Crossbow or Maceman or two) while we then continue on to Engineering. I'm sure REM will attack long before then, so I'm starting to spam out Spearmen. Basically, going to need a lot of them. Rather than roads by the workers right now, I'm likely going to be chopping as many forests as I can to put the chops into the needed military.