Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[spoilers] Comm-ny-Sudragh

Ten days go by, and another turn appears o'r the plains of 62. What was supposed to be happening? Oh right! Invasion fun times. Also something about Ichabod winning this handily but rabble rabble cognitive dissonance. Murond the Death City is guarded by a pair of spears, hrm. Well, morale axe can handle one, then a sacrificial horse archer gets down the second spear nicely. The rest of the horse archers then got 99.2% odds, so just enough to not get the 2xp needed for another great general. But that's okay, chariots served.

Pin's last stand is more of a last scurry.

Right, so, here's the main situation. Pin is obviously just playing the clock, and with his two horse archers in that big stack he will alas manage to save his little city down there until the main army gets going. Dorter should be gone next turn, unless Pin wheels around and hammers me on the flatland with way more fortune that I expect. Then it's just two turns of moving, and we catapult his nasty little final fort into dust. Tactically, this ain't exactly Stonewall's Valley Campaign.

Boy that's a reference a massively more numerous northern invader should be using, ain't it?

Two new cities this turn are nice and all, and settlers are being built now to fill in the French holes, but I don't really think time is on my side this game. Right now I think the logistics of the hammer are the way to go; get Nationalism, Engineering, Gunpowder, then slowly chip a way up to Military Science and Steel while mass-drafting and whipping a huge army of muskets and catapults. The key will be the mush that into cuirs, rather than cavs and redcoats. I'm...not highly optimistic, as despite the MoM golden age(s) Ichabod is still out-researching me.

Really, I should have conceded the minute I lost the great lighthouse, that was a stupid unforced error on my part and when you write the story of this game, you can place all the blame quite squarely on that single massive gunblast unloaded directly into my foot. Now you know why for my preview, my ill-omen picture was:
[Image: ManShootingSelfInFoot.jpg]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Hey at least you aren't this guy.

[Image: 3-plaxico-burress-shoots-himself-stupide...istory.jpg]

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Hey, good read, as always. Nice to see what was going on over here; I didn't have much information on that (or anything, really). And I have to confess that (vainly) one of the things I've looked forward to the most since joining this site and then this game is finally reading a Commodore opponent analysis of myself.

I just wanted to point out, since it was implied at least once in the thread, that I was not the problem when it came to the turn times in this game. I actually impressed myself with how on-the-ball I was compared to previous games, and I would go so far as to say I think a full 50% of my turns I played within one hour of receiving the save (due in part, of course, to how simple my situation became after a certain point - but I did not 'check out' when I realized it was hopeless).

Anyway, thanks for the read again, and for the nice things you said about me in this thread. I'll try and post a wrap-up report in my thread soon so you can see what was happening in my area of the world (I think you might have to change the analysis from 'indecisive' to 'decisively incompetent', however). Cheers.