Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[No Players] Lurker thread, to lurk and chirp

(August 3rd, 2015, 05:06)Miguelito Wrote:
(August 3rd, 2015, 04:15)Qgqqqqq Wrote: .

There *is* economic impact regardless, but it is relatively marginal. The difference is that Gavagai is looking for every marginal advantage to try to beathings.

That might be the best explanation. I'm just really confused (and entertained, of course) how those two guys are failing to make sense of each other's actions and just decide to assume insanity. I think part of that can be attributed to the "GJ is emotional and crazy" meta that has been building up in other games (IMO very much exaggerated).

Exaggerated perhaps, unless you're the opponent.

(August 3rd, 2015, 11:34)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(August 3rd, 2015, 05:06)Miguelito Wrote:
(August 3rd, 2015, 04:15)Qgqqqqq Wrote: .
There *is* economic impact regardless, but it is relatively marginal. The difference is that Gavagai is looking for every marginal advantage to try to beathings.
That might be the best explanation. I'm just really confused (and entertained, of course) how those two guys are failing to make sense of each other's actions and just decide to assume insanity. I think part of that can be attributed to the "GJ is emotional and crazy" meta that has been building up in other games (IMO very much exaggerated).

Exaggerated perhaps, unless you're the opponent.
nodyupnod
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

So if Gav slows TBS and Joey stymies Gav could Plako sneak in?

Gavagai and plako are the only ones with a shot at winnig if Zulu's SS dies, right? Plako conditionally conceded if Gavagai gives up, which Gavagai has now done. See most recent posts in respective threads. That would appear to be GG for Zulu/TBS/Gawdzak.

(August 12th, 2015, 04:51)GermanJoey Wrote: T293.

MMmm, well this saves me some effort of needing to hunt them down:

The losses were at 4% and 9% odds, heh. Well, so it goes, with that many battles that's in about the range of odds. I also picked off another stray at 50% odds (!) to claim my, I don't know, 8th or 9th great general or something, and left just a single mostly dead defending infantry in Cinder Spires to allow dtay to claim it. 2metra also did me another favor be retaking Lisbdis from me, which lets dtay get that one too. So, no fear of my routes getting nuked.

2metra is down to 426k power, and AFAIK his only remaining advanced military are a pair of fighers, a great general transport, and a pair of half-dead infantries. His other few remaining defenders are like spearmen and archers and crap like that. With any luck, dtay will finish him off completely within 2 turns. I guess it sort of depends on what he has in range of Lisbdis. I'm going to heal and head back, as it seems TBS will be finishing his spaceship within the next 3-4 turns and I may need to join in that attack, considering that Gavagai still has not moved all his shit away from Maracana. Does he think he can still launch his ship first? He's down Medicine and Genetics, while TBS just needs 1 more turn of Medicine.

So, Gavagai is like, at least 4 turns from finishing the tech tree, TBS gets it next turn, plako is 5T ahead of me (he just stole fusion this turn and also has sattelites) but doesn't have composites I think. Why won't Gavagai just close his goddamn borders with this guy already, jesus. Anyways, I won't be able to launch for about 12T I think, which puts me at least 9T-10T behind. This is mostly due to the conflict with Gav; I've spent about 40k hammers on military in the last 20 turns, first from when Gav started building up before our conflict and then to rebuild after it. I think that's only about 6T, maybe 7T worth of tech though, because you have to subtract the hammers of spaceship parts that I can't actually build yet. So, I'd still be behind. Well, I got this TOTALLY SICK ISLAND now that I'm plopping settlers down onto, maybe it'll push me up to 3rd place in land and then I'll truly have this game in the bag... lol

(August 16th, 2015, 01:24)plako Wrote: I declared war on TBS. Got this from Gavagai
Gavagai Wrote:Hi! Will we keep playing in PB22? I think it's a GG but if you want to try to raze Zulu capital, I'll play along.

My response:
plako Wrote:Hard to discuss this without conducting diplomacy. I suggest you follow the normal concession procedures.

Gavagai should fight. Just a handful of more turns where anything could happen. My position is unwinnable unless Gavagai tries hard to win this. So lurkers this is my official concession statement: If Gavagai is offering concession, I'll concede too.

(August 16th, 2015, 09:19)Gavagai Wrote: Reviewed the situation and I think it's pretty much hopeless. I concede but will keep things going until Plako is on board. Gifted Plako units which were sent to execute "Sunrise" and started to prepare for war on the main front.

Yeah kill it. It's a sub for Zulu and it was only to see who would win, at this point it's a good death.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(August 3rd, 2015, 04:15)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Yes, it would be as you got the economic impact from the other thread.

There *is* economic impact regardless, but it is relatively marginal. The difference is that Gavagai is looking for every marginal advantage to try to beat TBS, whilst Joey is much more worried about potential military actions from Gavagai, leading him to discount the (very) marginal economic benefit and see only the suspicious side of things.

Seeing as I'm commenting, I'll note that I was very surprised that Gav couldn't see a potential reason for Joey to be annoyed when he was talking in the same paragraph about gifting military hardware to Metra.

I got zero economic benefit from Gavagai's routes once we nuked the peace bonus, actually. My best internal routes were giving 8cpt.

Ah, okay.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.