I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Season 4 World Championships

(October 14th, 2014, 09:33)Atlas Wrote: On a separate point, but does anyone think there is a chance that Samsung White could lose?

Seems like they are playing on a whole different level from everyone else.

If White loses, it would be the biggest upset in competitive LoL. I just hope the finals wouldn't be a total stomp like last year's.

I feel bad for Royal, going into the Finals twice just to get stomped. I personally don't really see how Royal can win, they could go on tilt and lose that way, otherwise I'm not completely sure how SSW will lose.
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

(October 14th, 2014, 09:33)Atlas Wrote: On a separate point, but does anyone think there is a chance that Samsung White could lose?

Seems like they are playing on a whole different level from everyone else.

Its possible they can lose, they usually get ahead early and snowball the games from there, but they haven't played one of the aggressive Chinese teams yet this tournament so I think Royal has a shot if they can get good level 1 fights or early skirmishes. SSW hasn't been tested on their lategame decision making and calls yet so its possible they would be rusty on that if the games aren't over in 30 mins.
"We are open to all opinions as long as they are the same as ours."

(October 14th, 2014, 18:45)Dantski Wrote: Its possible they can lose, they usually get ahead early and snowball the games from there, but they haven't played one of the aggressive Chinese teams yet this tournament so I think Royal has a shot if they can get good level 1 fights or early skirmishes. SSW hasn't been tested on their lategame decision making and calls yet so its possible they would be rusty on that if the games aren't over in 30 mins.
Dantski has convinced me a good lvl 1 fight or taking 3 of the buffs at lvl 1 could be enough to beat SSW. And agreed in the late game decision making is more important than gold/items. Post 40 minutes practically any Ace = a loss.

I would be nice to see something besides a clean sweep.
On League of Legends I am "BertrandDeHorn"

The nature of League of Legends is that games that seem like stomps often aren't - they're just games where one team snowballs a small advantage early. That was certainly the case in the Samsung semi-final, where Blue picked late-game comps and lost the early game by too much to be able to come back. To a lot of people all three games looked like stomps, even though small differences in the early game could have led to a comeback.

Having said that I think White will win the final similarly to how they won the semi-final - with early-game centric comps that aim to win the game in the first half-hour. I think they'll win quite comfortably, probably without dropping a game.

(October 15th, 2014, 06:07)v8mark Wrote: The nature of League of Legends is that games that seem like stomps often aren't - they're just games where one team snowballs a small advantage early. That was certainly the case in the Samsung semi-final, where Blue picked late-game comps and lost the early game by too much to be able to come back. To a lot of people all three games looked like stomps, even though small differences in the early game could have led to a comeback.

I hear you Terror about the characterization of the win. I guess my core complaint is that it looked like Blue never had even a small advantage (or any of SSW's other opponents).

The snowballing of the infinitesimally small early game advantage into a win is frankly just boring to watch most of the time. I would much rather see the game swing back and forth-- even if the play isn't the same caliber.

Star Horn Royal Club vs. OMG game 3 (I think) was the best game of the whole tournament. Way better than any SSW game I watched the whole time. Anyone see that one?
On League of Legends I am "BertrandDeHorn"