I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Endless Legend Playthrough

The next 20 turns I will try to focus on more of the mouse over info and explain that.

As the game progresses the winters get longer and summers shorter I think the length isn't linked to age, just if its the 3rd, 4th winter or whatever. First winter lasts one or two turns, the last one last about 30

Ok, sorry for the slow progress on this, life is a bit crazy right now.

I played the next 20 turns, will try to upload the images tonight.

Probably the major thing that happened is I researched enough techs to get into era 2. This unlocks the next circle of techs for me, including an important one I almost always get first which increases your max army size from 4 to 6. Not only does this have obvious advantages for battles, but for the next stage of my main civ quest I need to explore a ruins with 4 archers and 2 minor civ units, obviously impossible if I only have an army size of 4.

Tier 2 also unlocks the tech that gives me my tank unit (note I didnt bother with the support unit tech in tier 1 as I dont think its that good). This should help forma defense wall for my archers, and they are pretty cool treemen looking things too.

About this time I need to work out how I am going to win this too. The main advantage my civ has is production, which obviously can be leveraged to quite a few different ends. I will try for an elimination victory I think, while keeping up with the civ quests in case I need to use that as a back door victory option.

This game looks good. I bought in early access because I like what the devs make. It looks good and I really like the aesthetic. I picked up AoW to compare the 2. I heard this one had more depth. Shame life got in the way of your reporting on this game though.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Yes, that and I struggled to work out how to pitch the reporting correctly, will try to pick it up again at some point

Hello, anyone else playing this? Here are some concepts I noticed.

It is almost always a mistake to SIP. The best place to settle might be in the fog and since you can only settle 1 city in a region so you really should split your army 3 ways in turn 1 and find the best place to settle, preferably next to a happy resource so you start at 70% happy or if you can use 1 district to exploit a happy tile. After you settle, your hero will be in an army of his own so you can scout where to settle next with 3 armies. (Make sure you buy the ring to improve hero vision.) Now when you find a good city spot, unassign your hero to disband his/her sole army then assign it to one of your units and try to converge your other unit to form the 1+2 army to clear the way for the next city/region. Unless you are playing necrophage, your 1st two research should be parley then improved search. Parley can give exp to your hero, which you really should be invest the 1st two points in ruin search so you get good results. Pacify the 1st region, while starting with the founders hall then likely settler. The founder's hall is the key to having enough influence so you can get a policy at the first opportunity, and I always go for the +3 gold to population on the first option. It's just way too good.

Also to unlock the next era, you dont have to research 9 techs in the current era, they can be from earlier eras.

More thoughts to come.

I did notice now that my build order is usually founder's, unit, then settler. The extra unit really helps in the early engagements. In addition, research also overflows only if you queue it.

I don't think there are any real set in stone openings in this game. What you get is most dependent on race and then followed by surroundings. Broken Lords for example don't even use food. I think in general I prioritize growth techs with production favored over whatever you use to grow followed by science ASAP and then dust and improvements. I go for a later settler because it seems stronger to pump out a second city once you can rush buy the early infra rather than having it not being able to really build anything quickly.

One of the weird quirks of this game unlike even their previous games is that per pop multipliers are really low and you are really reliant on structures and your controlled tiles. Thus being able to stand cities up quickly so they can start building the structures of their own is very crucial for growing quickly.

This guy is probably the best resource since he beta tested the game.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDOAdHZ...hxJysoo_kA
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

I only played as Vaulters so far, but I found that it is super important to get a settler out ASAP before you get completely boxed in too much because of the AI bonuses on higher difficulties. With the money, I found that it is actually better to hire heroes than buying infrastructure, preferably with food or industry boosts.

Watching vid now since he is actually playing on endless difficulty.
Youtube Channel Twitch aka Mistoltin

I played the game a bit more and now picked up Drakes who are very OP. Playing on serious difficulty on default map settings, my winrate is over 90% for sure. Now I think on the 1st civic change, you should take the military build so you can build settlers faster. In the beginning, you should slow build infra since you really need heroes ASAP. When founding a new city later in the game, buying up infra makes more sense.

And I watched the guys vids but I had stopped due to the number of times he did not overflow builds or research.

I guess I should mention why Drakes are so good. Knows starting position of every other player means you can really plan your expansion. Their starting hero has army health 3, which makes the basic unit have really large HP. Close to 300 with levels and some upgrades. You can easily beat any minor faction easily with the 1+2 army and have a big advantage against other faction armies as well. They have an easy out when getting attacked since you can use influence to force truce, and the influence you need to declare war after a truce is really high. Settling next to a ruin will get you more than enough influence to stop any attacks. Finally they start with Parley meaning you can pacify the minor factions faster and expand faster.