I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Super Massive Enhanced Gameplay Mod

You're right, for the proper release it needs to be coded properly. I think this'll work for a quick test game though, a small PBEM or whatever plsu some SP testing.

Quote:So now fresh water lakes suck in non-coastal cities? Or do you have to waste 20 hammers on a pier (if you can even build it in a non-coastal city) to make them usable?

Pay 20 hammers on a pier, it is a simple 1 variable change to make them buildable anywhere. OTOH, 2/0/2 tiles are junk and no one should be routinely using them anyway, the profit from the tile is very, very low: for a terst game it's not a problem.

Quote:And Lighthouses are now actually a tradeoff building?

Actually no, it's not a true trade off building. Normal coastal tiles produce no hammers anyway so you don't actually lose anything on none resource tiles. Resource tiles just see the hammer loss and food gain so there is no change. It's what makes the lighthouse an investment for working none resource tiles.

Quote:I really, really don't like this hacked-together method to get the stuff to work in the XML--if you're going to do it (and I still argue it isn't necessary, at least for the first release), do it right! We still have to wait for DLL stuff regardless.

Yeah, I agree. Testing, you know?

Quote:So are the Caste/Empancipation changes done in the version of the mod you posted, or is it in progress? If it's done (and you insist on the hacked-together Pier ecosystem), we're just waiting on IND and PHI, right?

Caste and Emancipation basically need redesigning. I can approximate the IND change in XML by making all national Wonders buildable twice for everyone, just house rule only IND can use it. Which means that the only change that really needs to be implemented is PHI, but if there is a way to make it such that two great people spawn at the same time rather than one that can be houseruled for a test game as well.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

God, so anoyed, I'm currently trying to bugfix some of the popups and Civilopedia entries and then I'm hoping ot post a signup for a test game.

I just don't know why it's happened...
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

So philosophical extra GP isn't in the game yet? SAD FACE! frown

Yeah, that is in the game, in 1.0.0.9

I've sent Krill an updated dll with support for traits on civilizations. The code is on GitHub as well.
I have to run.

Thanks novice. I'll post 1.0.0.11 later today. Just watching LCS whilst napping.

Joys of being an adult I suppose.

Maybe you should make a thread for bug reports.

Here's one:
The civilopedia tooltip for leaders doesn't work under the "Leaders" topic with SMEG mod. It works in my test mod. No biggie but an odd discrepancy.
Maybe it's related to the gazillion civs associated with each leader.

(Not only does the tooltip not work, but you can't click the leaders either to open their civilopedia pages.)

The tooltip does work elsewhere in the game, including on the leaderheads in the civilopedia pages for the various civilizations.
I have to run.

Yeah it's the gazillion leaders I think. That's what occurred when I implemented that single change.

the leaders are accessible by going through the civs screen.