For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] 64 is a nice round number. yuris125, PBEM64

I did consider it, but seeing you had Curis (and a lot of them!) running around, I felt like I needed to at least get a unit which is good (in theory) against them on defence. But by the time I got there, you had so much land I had to attack and try to stop you with whatever I had. There was basically no chance I could contest your fleet at that point

However, Rifles are sad in MP. Safe to say that I learned my lesson smile they're good to defend and to attack from ships, but 1-movers just never can achieve anything when attacking by land

(September 18th, 2015, 10:56)yuris125 Wrote: However, Rifles are sad in MP. Safe to say that I learned my lesson smile they're good to defend and to attack from ships, but 1-movers just never can achieve anything when attacking by land

This is the question I've been wanting to ask the past couple days. Why'd you split your stack?

Otherwise, thanks for your posts! I enjoyed them.

I wasn't sure what's the better way to dodge collateral damage when there are a lot of siege units in sight. Don't see how keeping the stack unsplit would've helped me tbh - but if one stack of a dozen units is better against collateral than 2 6-unit stacks, it would be good to know smile

(September 21st, 2015, 11:25)yuris125 Wrote: I wasn't sure what's the better way to dodge collateral damage when there are a lot of siege units in sight. Don't see how keeping the stack unsplit would've helped me tbh - but if one stack of a dozen units is better against collateral than 2 6-unit stacks, it would be good to know smile

Not an expert but AFAIK every collateral damage is spread to a certain number of units (depending on collateral unit and promotions of defender). So the more warmbodies are in a stack the less damage a single unit takes in average. (If the other side has so many collateral that they can deal max-damage anyway then it doesn't matter but then it is hopeless and you should not be inside their culture wink ).