For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

New FFH2 PBEM?

I'm new to RB and interested in getting in on a new Fall From Heaven 2 (with or without Erebus in the Balance, depending on player preferences) Play By E-Mail game.

Please post here and/or PM me if you're interested in joining such a game- or better yet, hosting it (I probably wouldn't be the best guy to actually host it, as I'm new- although if nobody else steps up I could try with a little help from you ugys...)

I look forward to becoming part of one of the many awesome games that goes on here in Realms Beyond!

I might be interested.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Sorry, but I don't think I can stomach that many games at a time. I can likely play if the later-era game doesn't pan out, however.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Posted this before I realized the Advanced Start ("Late Era") game was still looking for players. I may not necessarily do both- unless this thread also gets a lot of interest. The starting conditions for this one would be more normal, I guess- and I was hoping to just use a standard Erebus map (and would prefer standard FFH2 instead of EiTB- although I'll prob have to go with the crowd and use EiTB here) for this one...

Ellimist, may I suggest you consider joining the Late Era game as well?

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=7194

I'm not sure that I'm really interested in a later era start.
Active in:

Erebus map is unbalanced. But I'm game. It has to be eitb for pbem. I'm told there's an issue with taking over Hyborem and Basium.

(December 3rd, 2014, 18:53)Kragroth Wrote: Erebus map is unbalanced. But I'm game. It has to be eitb for pbem. I'm told there's an issue with taking over Hyborem and Basium.

Yes, the game doesn't let you add additional human players in the middle of the game, but one of our admins(T Hawk) is a computer genius and knows how to make it work.
Active in:

(December 3rd, 2014, 18:53)Kragroth Wrote: Erebus map is unbalanced. But I'm game. It has to be eitb for pbem. I'm told there's an issue with taking over Hyborem and Basium.

I know Erebus is unbalanced- but that's half the fun! Besides, a skilled map editor can help balance it out by giving weaker starting positions extra resources or mana nodes...

(December 3rd, 2014, 23:49)Ellimist Wrote:

Yes, the game doesn't let you add additional human players in the middle of the game, but one of our admins(T Hawk) is a computer genius and knows how to make it work.

So we COULD play with vanilla FFH2 instead of EiTB? Or are you saying that even with EiTB it still requires a computer genius to make human Hyborem/Basium work?

EITB has human takeover of Hyborem/Basium enabled as options so as to avoid the process that existed in FFH2 games of hailing T-hawk > getting him save > him having time to do the work > getting the game back going but assuming T-hawk is still willing, that process is still possible.

While the utter lack of balance is indeed the fun of FFH2, I think you'll find there's a relatively small audience for utterly imbalanced competitive multiplayer games here, this is probably the main reason that EITB is "standard" for our games, even though it is also still not balanced in the way we think of balance in terms of a base Civ game, for example. That said, there are a few folks who prefer that zany-FFH2 trail of tears, most notably Ellimist, but you'll probably have to wait a good long while for a game to fill up. If you don't mind waiting, though, I imagine you'll find 3-4 opponents eventually.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?