I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Fall from Heaven Duel League: The Fall From Heaven 10th Anniversary Celebration

ON May 16th, 2006, a forum thead for one of the greatest mods ever was created: here

Currently Fall From Heaven is mostly dead. It has pockets of forum activity in a couple of places. But, a mod of a game is nigh guaranteed to have less traffic than the main game and it has been several years. Civ5 has come and gone. New Fantasy 4X Games have come onto the scene to capture our hearts. It's natural that Fall From Heaven will "Fall" out of use and that's okay. Fall from Heaven has brought so much fun and joy to those who played it. It had an excellent run.

But, before that chapter is closed completely, it deserves a celebration. It deserves one crowning game that highlights the great diversity of Fall From Heaven's mechanics and structure. A crowning game that will determine once and for all who is truly the undisputed master of Fall from Heaven.

Game Proposal:
A Double Elimination or equivalent Duel League of at least 8 people. The final 2 players will battle against each other. Whoever wins the final battle gets the title of "Master of Fall From Heaven"

Game Settings:
The game settings below are the proposed default game settings for the Duel Matches. If the two opponents agree to something else other than below, that would also be acceptable. LIkewise, if they could not come to an agreement, the below is recommended as the default Setting

Mod: Erebus in the Balance v11.1
Format: Play by Email
Game Speed: Quick.
Difficulty: Monarch
Barbarians: Normal.
Orthus: Off.
Acheron: Off.
Lairs: Off
Huts: Off
Start Era: Thaw
Vassals: Off.
Tech trading: Off.
Victories: All
Map: Mirror Pangea-Like Map with Naval Opportunities
Map Size: Tiny

Let's discuss these and more. If you're interested, please post!

Alright everyone. It's about time we had a proper Duel League for Fall From Heaven. Who truly is the Master of Fall From Heaven? We have a few questions to answer:

1. How should the maps be set up?
2. How should the elimination work (Single, double, etc)
3. How should Civs be allocated? Is there a way to get all civilizations placed at the tournament.?

Interested Players

1. Kragroth
2. Q
3. AuroArcher
4. Mardoc
5. GreyWolf
6. Dreylin
7. Northstarr1989
8. Bobchillingworth
9 (Optional) Tasunke?
10 (Optional) Ellimist?
11 (Optional)
12 (Optional)

Question: FFH2, or EitB?

(January 15th, 2015, 17:35)Dreylin Wrote: Question: FFH2, or EitB?

In my opinion I'd say eitb has precedence. But individual matches could be FFh if both agree. (I'd be happy to play with either).

(January 15th, 2015, 17:49)Kragroth Wrote:
(January 15th, 2015, 17:35)Dreylin Wrote: Question: FFH2, or EitB?

In my opinion I'd say eitb has precedence. But individual matches could be FFh if both agree. (I'd be happy to play with either).

I would think that the version should be set for all matches before the league begins to ensure consistency.

I'd favour EitB, although I'm not convinced I could take part even though I have interest.

I'm good with either FFH or EitB, although I prefer EitB.

Please feel free to expand the roster if more than 8 people want to play. Bringing in some more people from Civfanatics would also be great, if you know anyone who might be interested.

Going by memory, the last duel league required mirrored scripts, but allowed any settings as to landforms and climate- all that mattered was that both competitors agreed to them. Duels were played across multiple eras- I forget how they were selected. I believe the rule for civs was that once a player picked a leader for a game, they could never select them again.

Of course there's no reason for us to have to abide by the exact same rules.

I hope I don't regret this, but...sign me up.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Thanks for your interest Mardoc, I added you to the list. I just did a flurry of PMs and invites on people involved and who used to be involved with Fall From Heaven. Hopefully, some are inspired enough to come join in on this celebration tournament.

I've just received an invitation, so I am joining.

(January 23rd, 2015, 04:30)GreyWolf Wrote: I've just received an invitation, so I am joining.

Wonderful, added. Fyi, you don't have to have an invitation to join this, it's open to all.

Also, if you didn't receive a pmed invite please don't be mad, there's more people than there is time to invite.