For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Ceterum Peter censet Carthaginem fore triumphatrix - Adrien + Miguelito

Any thoughts on thh's tech thread post? Honestly I don't know what I should say. It sounds like he tried to queue upgrade a lot of rifles and something went wrong.
Now I generally think it's OK to replay a pbem turn if mechanics screw you, eg I would myself replay a turn if I do a misclick. However I feel that this could really affect Al, who was just staging an invasion (I very much hope so at least). So if he objects and has good arguments I really don't know what to say.

Honestly I think The should just have kept quiet and done whatever he felt was correct, with the advice of his lurkers maybe. While I appreciate honesty, I am not really able to judge what happened and having to approve something that I don't know the consequences of feels awkward.
I'm 100% trusting in Thh's sportsmanship and I'm sure he would've made a morally right decision.

Looks like Al is OK, and I generally agree with you re: PBEM mechanics - although this doesn't seem to be specifically PBEM mechanics rather a general build-queue issue.

looks like Al is attacking Mardoc after all (not 100% sure). If he manages to take all of Mardoc's mainland territory and doesn't get invaded by THH meanwhile - not absolutely unlikely, because I WILL try an attack on TOS, with him or alone - he will be in an even more solid second place. No way that wins him the game. So I still think we should have attacked THH together, but the particularly harsh AI diplo rules here didn't make it happen.

Al proposes concession right before I want to throw my army against THH. That makes me sad. Of course we don't have a shot at winning, but could we nevertheless reject the concession? Of course with All engaged against mardoc or attack won't get is anywhere. Actually I suspect a little that THH backstabbed him last turn (haven't seen a save in 4 days)

Oh that's sad.

Did you plan to make your move this turn or next ? If not conceding is probably best.

it would've been this turn.
THH deleted my workers 1t before finishing the fort, so I had to change the unit composition on the galleys.
whatever, posting in the tech thread now

Well time to read the other threads then