I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

EitB Strategy Discussion/FAQ Thread

I agree that it's too far. Also not really the right place for it.

The main issue, really, is that it's one law for one and another for many. That is, that many of the civilizations are all-but required to use cottages, and with the exception of the Bannor, these are all on the more powerful end of the scale - Kuriotates, Elves, Clan (especially with City-States) and so on. All the boosts to cottages have mainly served as a boon to them, as they were already going in that direction. So boosts to cottages normally go largely to this collection of civs.

Despite that, I do think you're going to far in saying that they haven't been balanced. It's simply that if all other situations are " normal" aristofarms are the way to go, but IMO cottages have been changed so they're a reasonable option to, generally, be not that far behind if you have reason to follow something else (irrigation is low, or food surplus is needed, map is strongly naval or so on).
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

City States is almost always a good alternative to Aristo IMO, and particularly so on maps with high maintenance. It's cheaper and gives more gpt upfront. Aristo's benefit then is trading 1f, which is usually easy to get for 2c. For a large portion of the game though the 1f is just as easy to use as 2c; you're just emphasising expansion over tech. After a certain point of course you need to change strategy a bit to put that food to good use, but by that stage there tends to be other good options available.

Hello there, I have a simple question (and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this). If I already have FFH2, patch "o", and More Naval AI downloaded properly am I able to simply download the EitB file from moddb without worry? Perhaps to be more clear, does having More Naval AI already downloaded affect installation or would I have to start from scratch? Thanks smile

(October 1st, 2018, 11:59)ZenCloud Wrote: Hello there, I have a simple question (and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this). If I already have FFH2, patch "o", and More Naval AI downloaded properly am I able to simply download the EitB file from moddb without worry? Perhaps to be more clear, does having More Naval AI already downloaded affect installation or would I have to start from scratch? Thanks smile

I believe that the way EitB is made, it will install in parallel with any other mods you already have, not on top of them. The downside is another 500 MB mod on your hard drive, but the upside is not having to worry about mod conflicts smile.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(October 1st, 2018, 12:09)Mardoc Wrote:
(October 1st, 2018, 11:59)ZenCloud Wrote: Hello there, I have a simple question (and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this). If I already have FFH2, patch "o", and More Naval AI downloaded properly am I able to simply download the EitB file from moddb without worry? Perhaps to be more clear, does having More Naval AI already downloaded affect installation or would I have to start from scratch? Thanks smile

I believe that the way EitB is made, it will install in parallel with any other mods you already have, not on top of them.  The downside is another 500 MB mod on your hard drive, but the upside is not having to worry about mod conflicts smile.

Thanks for the quick reply! Definitely going to check this out, I appreciate it.

(October 1st, 2018, 12:20)ZenCloud Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply! Definitely going to check this out, I appreciate it.

We're always happy to find more kindred spirits around here smile. Hope you enjoy the mod enough to stick around!
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker