I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RB New Front Page Draft/Do You Wanna Use A Wiki?

i would like to keep a link to the adventures and epics as they're a nice intro to get a newbie up to speed.

Update: Looks like everyone likes the front page idea, so I'll be looking to move forward getting an official version down. Pindicator has offered to draw up a nicer looking candidate for us.

Wiki seems more like mixed results, I've done a few additions of nicely formatted games but that'd take a lot of work to fill in all of our past games. So unless people wanna spend time copying and formatting info over, maybe it would be best to just nix the wiki and make the front page moreso just say to go to the forums. Maybe include links on the front page to some of the important info dumps like the past games spreadsheet?

(February 23rd, 2015, 10:07)BRickAstley Wrote: Wiki seems more like mixed results, I've done a few additions of nicely formatted games but that'd take a lot of work to fill in all of our past games. So unless people wanna spend time copying and formatting info over

Would what you want to do be easier with the help of something like this? See the first result.

https://www.google.com/webhp?q=csv%20to%...wiki+table

So Pindicator and I were talking about the front page example; it's a stark and bleak sea of green right now. Civ4 screenshots (with maybe some MoM, MoO, FFH2, WW, Civ3, Civ5 spice) would make sense, or maybe just one good shot. Anyone have some pretty Civ eyecandy?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

What about pictures of RB "moments"? We could have the Pitboss 1 Commando-raze, Pindiscooter naval invasion of PB8, some deathcamp shot of CKN vs. Machine Guns from PB6, 1t Pyramids of PBEM 40-something, and so on. Granted, they're not as pretty as, say a zoomed in shot of a city, but they'd be a bit more "RB", and give a better idea of what we have to offer.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I'm not sure any of those moments work particularly well though as stand-alone images unless you're already familiar with the narratives behind them.

(February 26th, 2015, 20:44)Bobchillingworth Wrote: I'm not sure any of those moments work particularly well though as stand-alone images unless you're already familiar with the narratives behind them.

But does the type of stuff we tend to do here have anything that would necessarily fit well as a stand alone image? Plus it could be something that could pique people's interest just enough to go look further.

If it weren't for the awful colour scheme I'd say that minimalist is best. Not like any pictures from a game that is ten years old this year will look any good.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18