Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[NO PLAYERS] PB25 Lurker Thread - Then Happy I, That Lurk and am Belurked

(November 9th, 2015, 14:42)GermanJoey Wrote: For the love of fucking god can you please stop calling him Master Commodore. Even he hates it.
Makes me think of this every time:
[Image: ustv_the_office_mindy_kaling.jpg] Yes, yes, but that was yesterday. TODAY is a new dawn, a new day, and we shall destroy the hated/beloved Master. Then he will see me for who I am.
[Image: ustv_the_office_mindy_kaling.jpg] FOOL. The Master was not born, nor does He die, He is beautiful and terrible and from a wonderful place far greater than the moons of Jupiter. Besides, the sky is actually a dome, don't let the NSA fool you.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Seriously. While it was kind of funny how you got HK talking about "MC Commodore" (Feat. d-tay), it stopped being a cute affectation years ago.

*drops da mike*
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(November 9th, 2015, 15:12)Commodore Wrote:
(November 9th, 2015, 14:42)GermanJoey Wrote: For the love of fucking god can you please stop calling him Master Commodore. Even he hates it.
Makes me think of this every time:
[Image: ustv_the_office_mindy_kaling.jpg] Yes, yes, but that was yesterday. TODAY is a new dawn, a new day, and we shall destroy the hated/beloved Master. Then he will see me for who I am.
[Image: ustv_the_office_mindy_kaling.jpg] FOOL. The Master was not born, nor does He die, He is beautiful and terrible and from a wonderful place far greater than the moons of Jupiter. Besides, the sky is actually a dome, don't let the NSA fool you.

rolf That is hilarious.

Not to over-diminish my fandom too much,...but this is more like a sensei master than a 'moons of Jupiter' shrine. I learnt the most from 2 players that play well and post well.

Makes for a good story thought.

(November 9th, 2015, 15:29)Bobchillingworth Wrote: Seriously. While it was kind of funny how you got HK talking about "MC Commodore" (Feat. d-tay), it stopped being a cute affectation years ago.

Barry,...is that you? lol

lol

I gnashed my teeth more than once while reading MCMCMCMMCMCMCMCMCMC. I mean, WHO THE FUCK IS METAL CASTING? Oh. s/he means Commodore. Again. Well goddamn. I'm not a fan of hero worship so it wasn't really for me.

Oblig: Good game to everyone. I really enjoyed watching this one play out. HAK, you may win an award for the most number of troop positioning pictures in the history of the game.

(November 9th, 2015, 19:41)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Oblig: Good game to everyone. I really enjoyed watching this one play out. HAK, you may win an award for the most number of troop positioning pictures in the history of the game.

rolf Yeah, my Dropbox for this game has 1,430 images in it. As much fun as it was teaming up with Mindy....I don't think I'll ever team up with someone again that can't also log into the game to look around for themselves. There were times I was making myself quite batty with so many screenshots. And I kept using the spoiler tags because whenever I would load my thread, it would get that annoying jumpiness while waiting for the images to load. With the spoiler tags, I wouldn't have to worry about that as much. But that also then added to the time it would take to make my posts.

(October 20th, 2015, 18:56)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: The cost of the Gavagai war would have been less if HAK/Mindy hadn't wasted two (IIRC) opportunities to collateral Gav's stack and wipe it (or near enough given stack sizes at that point). You make your own luck by not missing opportunities when they are there. They may not always be obvious but you can't swing and miss when gifted a mistake by an opponent.

Well we missed the one opportunity at Wendy's in round 1 of the Punic wars. That was a bit of a tradegy, of course. This was pre-CBs so we definately would have got the better of that exchange.

Whether we should have lost our stack there depends on whether we effectively bluffed Gav or whether he just let us off the hook for other reasons.

(July 15th, 2015, 21:24)HitAnyKey Wrote: LINK

The other wasn't a mistake - we wouldn't have gotten the better of an exchange with Gav's stack. Actually, for the most part gav's stack and our stack were at a point where collateral wasn't enough to overcome the defense advantage at least so long as we both stuck to hills or when Gav stuck to a city for the protective bonus.

(August 15th, 2015, 20:08)HitAnyKey Wrote: LINK

Gav hit our stack and got an even exchange. Then HAK hit back (which I didn't want to happen) and we got a less than even exchange. This was our second mistake since our maces were hurt and we had 12 cats + muskets en route which would have made for a collateral-induced victory if we just waited 5T.

We had almost enough units to get a collateral win,...but after using up 11 HA on capturing Five Guys we wouldn't have come out on top.