I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[spoilers] Commodore and Dtay are Sitting Bull of Inca, somehow.

(November 12th, 2015, 10:42)Commodore Wrote: *mue of distaste* I was going to respond along with the rest of the postgame post, but I can swiftly say; I realize in this day and age of DOXing and Google than stalking has a rather different meaning to Millennials, no fear, I am not accusing you of anything untoward or illegal. I don't expect you to start mailing me purple wig hairs or anything, no worries. You're neither murderous nor a creeper afaik. pat

I do think your opinions of me as a player had a distorting effect on your ingame strategic and tactic thinking, leading to some unsound choices, but that's for the aforementioned postgame post...

Trying to figure out what *mue of distaste* means,...but thank you I think. Look forward to the postgame.

(November 12th, 2015, 11:11)MindyMcCready Wrote: Trying to figure out what *mue of distaste* means,...

Probably he meant to say moue.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(November 9th, 2015, 13:07)Commodore Wrote: Old Harry, a final quick concluding note; the size of this pitboss map was *perfect*. We ate two other competitors, and had almost exactly 40 cities from that. That's big and complex, but still very much manageable. It made for a high-stress early game, but that's a great thing...I know I do so much better with a tight focus rather than a sprawling sandbox of lushness, and it's great to have things matter from the get-go.

Thanks Commodore - playing out the end of PB18 it was exactly the sort of size I wanted to play at the time, but I can see why other people might not be so keen. Actually I'd probably still like to play something this tight, it certainly made for a lot of hammer.

Congrats on the win too - two in a row!

(November 12th, 2015, 11:30)Old Harry Wrote:
(November 9th, 2015, 13:07)Commodore Wrote: Old Harry, a final quick concluding note; the size of this pitboss map was *perfect*. We ate two other competitors, and had almost exactly 40 cities from that. That's big and complex, but still very much manageable. It made for a high-stress early game, but that's a great thing...I know I do so much better with a tight focus rather than a sprawling sandbox of lushness, and it's great to have things matter from the get-go.
Thanks Commodore - playing out the end of PB18 it was exactly the sort of size I wanted to play at the time, but I can see why other people might not be so keen. Actually I'd probably still like to play something this tight, it certainly made for a lot of hammer.
Well, I actually thought a big part of the brilliance of this map were these narrow PB18-esque channels; people did have backlines and safe zones and such, but they were tiny, and it made naval tactics actually tactical, too. The 40-city empire also had like 6-7 different zones of conflict and a ton of internal logistics, despite the scale. Honestly, with an even number (8) of people this would have been the perfect map, but the odd duck out does tend to get screwed sadly (Pitboss 19 Pindicator, we remember thee).

(November 12th, 2015, 11:30)Old Harry Wrote: Congrats on the win too - two in a row!
Thanks man! So you also in for a toughvets pitboss?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Two unwinnable games at the same time? Sure, why not... crazyeye

Quote:Well, I actually thought a big part of the brilliance of this map were these narrow PB18-esque channels; people did have backlines and safe zones and such, but they were tiny, and it made naval tactics actually tactical, too.

Like bollocks did all players have back lines.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(November 12th, 2015, 13:24)Krill Wrote:
Quote:Well, I actually thought a big part of the brilliance of this map were these narrow PB18-esque channels; people did have backlines and safe zones and such, but they were tiny, and it made naval tactics actually tactical, too.

Like bollocks did all players have back lines.
Non-middlemen aside, of course, as I said.

You need to be in the toughvets too, Krill. We get twelve we can make it on the 24 map...
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

There's a new game starting? Where?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18