I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] DTG's Omnipotence Embodiment

Here's a quick tech screen:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot1146_zpsh5r9vwrg.jpg]

In short, I'm up: Aesthetics, Literature, Music, Philosophy, Nationalism, Gunpowder, Military Tradition, Banking (not vs. Alhazard), Alphabet, Printing Press, and Replaceable Parts. I'm down Theology vs. Yuri.

I'm now a bit more optimistic about taking Rifling with Lib. Alhazard could pip me to it, but only if he's able to 1-turn Philosophy, generates a Great Scientist, and then bulbs Education. But if that happens, I'll probably just self-tech Rifling and ignore Education altogether.

Also, FWIW, I'm having fun and all, but if the others want to concede I'd be happy to take the win at this point. Otherwise, I'll probably just spam lots of Cavalry and see where that takes me.

I didnt undevalue thezigs i opened atriously and was focused on expanding 1st to grab what i can

Also spent a nontrivial smount of hammers on military early on frown that slowed me down
Youtube Channel Twitch aka Mistoltin

(November 25th, 2015, 19:01)Alhazard Wrote: I didnt undevalue thezigs i opened atriously and was focused on expanding 1st to grab what i can

Also spent a nontrivial smount of hammers on military early on frown that slowed me down

What do you think that you did wrong? Go for Stonehenge? Mehmed also gets cheap Workers, Granaries, and Lighthouses, and the saved pop/hammers made it much easier for me to build Courthouses.

I think you were quite unlucky with the others' settling patterns too. I was the only person not to settle aggressively towards you, and you seemed to get boxed in quite quickly (especially by Khan's pink dot).

GG anyway.

Stonehenge was a non issue it would have been a one turn build. Lets see not grabbing copper with 3rd city not using 2nd city as a worker settler pump. If i expanded faster i would hav filled my land faster and rush LT with ha. After cutting off his iron it would have been over soon

I take it back. Looking at own thread, looks like I went worker heavy for henge when I should have been settler heavy.

I had to rush a bad third city for Copper, when I realized Khan could build Impi and I had nothing to defend. That slowed me down a bit, but (I figure) better safe than dead.

I'm always torn about the value of Stonehenge. Monuments are cheaper than they first seem: ideally 11F, if the happy cap in your new city can take a 1-pop whip @ size 2 (after the Granary). So, ignoring GPP, you need ~11 free Monuments to break even on the wonder. But, of course, getting that free culture in cities earlier means that you can work more resource tiles sooner thanks to the quick border pops. And this is a really good thing on RB maps, which tend to be pretty lush. But building Stonehenge safely *also* means devoting a ton or early hammers towards the wonder, and this means fewer Settlers to work resource tiles, and fewer free Worker turns to improve those resources... it's really hard to quantify.

So yeah, on the whole (for me) I don't think the gains justify the costs and risks for non-Industrious leaders. Especially if one of your opponents is playing as Huayna Capac of the Native Americans. tongue But maybe I'm looking at it in too simplistic a way.