Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

New FFH/EitB PBEM [Tech Thread]

Okay, guys, I think it's obvious we won't improve the pace of this game. I say we just call it right now. I could start looking for a sub, but I doubt that I'll find one, so the game would end anyway. I don't feel obliged to play on when I'm not the responsible for the delays and everyone agreed that we would manage a 1t a day pace. We played ~50 turns in ~75 days, which is 0,67t a day (if I'm not mistaken) and that's only because we had a fast early game, with multiple turns per day. Last month a half, it was way worse than that. When the saves get more complex, I bet we'd be looking at 3 to 7 days for each turn.

So, if you want to keep on with the game, you'll need a sub for me. I can make a thread to find someone and help anyone interested, but I won't keep playing eternally, if no one shows up. I'd probably just play for 2 weeks more or so.

Finally, this has nothing to do with Ellimist being unable to play turns last week. That sort of stuff happens. It's based on general pace, which has been constantly bad.

Cool, but just know I'm calling this one as destined for a me victory. yup

Sorry about the lack of pretty colored analysises, sadly I was waiting to actually meet someone first. rant Stupid gryphons.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Yeah, let's end this. Turnpace is abysmal and the RNG dicked me over last turn badly enough to almost certainly knock me out of contention, so I'm happy to walk away.

(July 14th, 2015, 10:54)Commodore Wrote: Cool, but just know I'm calling this one as destined for a me victory. yup

I think the Illians won by casting stasis on our turn pace. Heysexy Qgqqqqqqqqqqqq, please NERF!

As of now, I consider this game called, since 50% of the players don't want to keep going.

I assume Kragroth isn't interested in continuing either, since none of his 24+ hour delays were ever accompanied by explanations or apologies.

That said, I don't think replacing him would have improved things overly much either, six players would still very likely have been one too many.

Sorry your first FFH game didn't go anywhere, Commodore. You and Ichabod can probably find enough people to start a new one without much issue, given how quickly the latest PBEM & the SG filled up. Plus you could run a new game with v12, which looks to include a number of fun buffs to some of the less interesting civs.

(July 14th, 2015, 12:59)Bobchillingworth Wrote: Sorry your first FFH game didn't go anywhere, Commodore. You and Ichabod can probably find enough people to start a new one without much issue, given how quickly the latest PBEM & the SG filled up. Plus you could run a new game with v12, which looks to include a number of fun buffs to some of the less interesting civs.
Hah, thanks Bob, but it's actually par for the course with my FFH games. alright I was in 17, which was Mistsane and died due to variant fail and turnpace, and I subbed for Suttree in 34, which was...weird, basically a completely whack takeover setup of a civ I'd never in a million years roll. I was hoping to try PoL rushing with the Malakim worldspell here, but who knows how that would go.

Think I'm just going to avoid the mod; I seem to be the FFH retep.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Well perhaps it's way to late to post here. I don't know where the turns went to. I'd happily retire as an AI if it would make a difference for the rest of you. Sorry about any missed turn times in the past. Of few of those nights I had baby troubles.