For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[Lurkers]WW 38: Judging a Player by his Cover

(April 29th, 2015, 05:53)Gazglum Wrote: it's just not a precedent we want to have. Kind of like how the one 'after-lynch post' people can make should stick to pleasantries and not be used to keep messing with people's heads.

This sums up my thoughts on it currently. If anyone did decide to ask for a mod kill for any reason, treat yourself as if you've been lynched and only allowed one non-content parting post. Potentially we can write this into the rules for future games.

And also, I would very strongly discourage anyone 'asking' for a mod kill in the first place. If you deem yourself in a hopeless spot then you can say so and stop posting, but don't intentionally break rules to effect a killing.

Though I have to say, in WW15 i was scum that had been caught doing something fishy, and at one point in a game day had every other player voting to lynch me, and I still survived to the end. So I would encourage players to stick it out, you never know what happened.

I think from me at least this is enough on the matter.

(April 29th, 2015, 04:35)Gazglum Wrote: From the scum perspective (especially poor Cugel's), I think our team should have rallied to save me Day 1. This game showed how quickly a team can be unraveled after the first loose thread is found. And though having the whole team rush to save a floundering member looks really scummy, there's no actual proof, and the Day 1 near-miss is rarely hanged the next day.

I wish I could have. But that 9am deadline was awful. I had a 8am meeting the day you were lynched and when i left for it you maybe had 1 vote. I get out of the meeting and you were lynched and all three of us remaining Schemers are being talked about with suspicion.

Maybe the whole bus idea was an over reaction. I dunno, it was my first time on a real scum team before and I thought we had to do something to cloudy the picture. The fact that 3 of the next 4 targets were on scum show we didn't do a great job of that.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(April 29th, 2015, 07:33)BRickAstley Wrote:
(April 29th, 2015, 05:53)Gazglum Wrote: it's just not a precedent we want to have. Kind of like how the one 'after-lynch post' people can make should stick to pleasantries and not be used to keep messing with people's heads.

This sums up my thoughts on it currently. If anyone did decide to ask for a mod kill for any reason, treat yourself as if you've been lynched and only allowed one non-content parting post. Potentially we can write this into the rules for future games.

And also, I would very strongly discourage anyone 'asking' for a mod kill in the first place. If you deem yourself in a hopeless spot then you can say so and stop posting, but don't intentionally break rules to effect a killing.

Though I have to say, in WW15 i was scum that had been caught doing something fishy, and at one point in a game day had every other player voting to lynch me, and I still survived to the end. So I would encourage players to stick it out, you never know what happened.

I think from me at least this is enough on the matter.

This.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(April 29th, 2015, 05:53)Gazglum Wrote: Kind of like how the one 'after-lynch post' people can make should stick to pleasantries and not be used to keep messing with people's heads.
Mess with people's heads in game-related fashion! Lewwyn should keep doing what he do.
(February 4th, 2015, 08:23)Lewwyn Wrote:
(February 4th, 2015, 08:10)Ichabod Wrote: And as I'm leaving, I can't let go of the feeling that we are all dead already...

You rang?

Everybody gets one

[Image: 44061997.jpg]

final post.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Okay... so I think Jowy decided to rage-quit and then give pindi cheap cover by saying that he's the last wolf after the fact. He did ask for his bad role but he still raged-quit. As I said before I would still view Jowy as playing anyway so I would be suspicious of his posts because you care what happens after you die in this game but others disagree with that.

I also have to point out a poll that Brick did about PMs. A limited-PM system got a decent amount of interest but an unlimited-PM system got almost no votes. So I think the reason why allowing PMs is unpopular is that it takes too long. I didn't experience directly in ww2 but I've heard about people spending hours in chat in ww2.