I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Crypt of the Necrodancer

(July 29th, 2015, 19:28)SevenSpirits Wrote: For useful tips, I think killing the food shopkeeper is one of the easiest things to do and it's really strong.
Often you can then do something like pick up the gluttony charm, pick up a big food item, eat the big food item to gain a bunch of hearts and then pick up another empty heart.

yikes

I gave it a try, check out my equipment at the beginning of 2-2: lol

[Image: 2dkmk2q.jpg]

(July 19th, 2015, 21:32)Sullla Wrote: That did help me get a new high score for Cadence though (6578 gold) - you wind up with more gold at the end if you never spend any the whole run!

After countless attempts I finally managed to beat Sullla's highscore with Cadence: 7686 gold hammer

I used the Crown of Greed though and bought some early items from shops, so I it's probably not really comparable. I am happy I got the "I love goooooooold" achievement for 6000 gold in the process! dance

I've been trying to get the achievement for completing an all zones Cadence run in under 15 minutes for a few weeks, but so far my best time is ~16:52.

I think speed running is a great mode in Crypt of the Necrodancer, because you must constantly balance time vs. gear (should I visit the shop and lose 30 seconds?). The best times on the leaderboard are under 6 minutes, but in order to complete the game so fast I believe you basically must avoid getting hit throughout the game and utilize tactics like falling through trapdoors on purpose. nod

I decided to "necro" this thread (pun intended lol ), because today is the release of the new Crypt of the Necrodancer-DLC: "Amplified".
If you liked the vanilla Necrodancer, I'm almost certain you will enjoy the new DLC (I bought it in early access and had quite a lot of fun so far).

Check out the trailer here:

Just like a Necrodancer, this thread never really dies. wink

Suprisingly, 5 years later there is a new DLC in early access on Steam and GOG:

Yeah, I saw it has multiplayer now, which I find odd given the sync issues. I'm curious to see how it works.
Completed: SG2-Wonders or Else!; SG3-Monarch Can't Hold Me; WW3-Surviving Wolf; PBEM3-Replacement for Timmy of Khmer; PBEM11-Screwed Up Huayna Capac of Zulu; PBEM19-GES, Roland & Friends (Mansa of Egypt); SG4-Immortality Scares Me