I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Beginners tips

Any body got any distilled tips for a new player?

What is your experience with other CCGs? How much money are you going to spend on the game (nothing, buying Constructed, something in-between)?

To get more value for your gold, do Arenas for your gold instead of buying packs--if you go 3-3 you generally break-even, 4-3 breaks-even plus, and you get the fun of playing with new cards.

If you want an easy route into constructed you want breadth in the adventures (first two wings of Naxxramas+first wing of Blackrock Mountain all have good cards). Explorer's League also looks to have a bunch of good cards, and you get more for your gold than the first two adventures. The other people know the exact lists you can supposedly use to get into Constructed, but a decent deck with a curve is probably enough to get to Rank 20 (maybe even Rank 15) and clear your quests.

Make sure you clear your quests and don't let them accumulate--if there's a quest you don't want to do (mainly a class you don't play, or the lower-value quests) you can reroll one per day. You can also clear them in Tavern Brawl.

Played a bunch of other ccg's on a very social level.

Don't want to put too much money into it. Nothing right now, but if I get into it I will put in a little.

Unlocked all classes, Mage to level 13, I think one at 8, one 6 others unplayed

Got to l20 in ranked so just got to the chest thing.

Level the mage up to 20(?) so you can do Tavern Brawls for the weekly free pack.

Definitely try arena (check a few guides / tier lists first) as it'll let you play with lots of cards.

However most of the best cards are still in the core set if you decide to buy packs.

If you want to dive into constructed on a budget, look for aggressive versions of Zoo warlock or Face hunter, they're cheap and effective decks. control decks are pretty expensive when you're first starting out.