I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Phantom central structure AI bug

Anyone knows where the AI checks the presence of the central structure?
AI units seem to be unable to attack anything that stands at (6,11) where it would be, even in battles where there is no such structure.
The AI does recognize the unit, moves there and tries to attack it, so targeting works fine. Ranged units can even shoot at the unit without a problem and spells work too. However melee units are unable to hit them, the game starts lagging a bit and then the unit moves randomly which looks like some last-resort movement for cases when the path is blocked.
I've checked and there is no phantom city wall present, I've already fixed that problem.

This is what happens : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6czKjrT...e=youtu.be

I've looked through procedures related to the units moving but found nothing that looks like the source of the problem. They are quite complicated and would take a while to fully understand.
I don't think the map marks the spot as inaccessible either because I was able to enter so it is probably hardcoded somewhere.

just clarify: did you try this behaviour in vanilla? not insecticide? I understand the structure AI desision in the combat, but without insecticide patch. ( even i create a row before citywall , to disallow siege wizard attack gate by more than one unit in a mod)

(November 26th, 2015, 01:52)Asfex Wrote: just clarify: did you try this behaviour in vanilla? not insecticide? I understand the structure AI desision in the combat, but without insecticide patch. ( even i create a row before citywall , to disallow siege wizard attack gate by more than one unit in a mod)

Tested in 1.31, and the AI was also unable to attack.

I have never been able to enter that one spot on the map.
If I remember correctly, the code has a lot of instances where the map coordinates are checked, so it's not really easy to change either.
How were you able to enter that spot?
--I like ILSe

(November 26th, 2015, 16:02)I like Serena Wrote: I have never been able to enter that one spot on the map.
If I remember correctly, the code has a lot of instances where the map coordinates are checked, so it's not really easy to change either.
How were you able to enter that spot?

You can just walk in normally if the battle is on an empty map cell.
It's rare to fight defensive battles in places which aren't a town or encounter because there is nothing to protect there, and to walk into that cell by accident if you are the attacker is quite unlikely, as it is on the other side behind the enemy.

Although, I think units in town battles can start there too if the town has no central structure, but I don't think I have seen the bug happen in that case, although I haven't tested.

I was never able to walk in that place as a defender, as an attacker it happened I need to move there, but was unable to.

However AI was always able to move through it.

I've to test if this happens in all environments (city, sea, wilderness)
Only the people crazy enough to think they can change the world of Arcanus and Myrror can do it. rolleye