I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Codenames 6

Pretty funny our team got 8 of the 9 with only 2 clue words.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Though we did dismiss Boot pretty early! Still, it was almost excellent recovery from disasterous round 1. Now I think about it, I wonder if Sunrise did not consider albums as all when giving Coldplay clue, just thinking that they were "stars" that play "piano".

That's exactly right. I just wanted a commonly known piano act. Without google I didn't really even think about album names.

FYI engine and bridge were my original two iron words, with the rationale being they're made entirely of iron. Cell (biology) and ruler (measuring device) didn't seem like likely guesses...next time I'll try to think more about alternative word meanings smile

For Ruler it was more due to expression "iron-fisted ruler" and other similar usages. I think Cell was chosen because prison cells have iron bars?

It just seems like words strictly adhering to meaning of the clue is best, but ofc that is hard with random draw.

The challenge comes from trying out different mindsets until you find one that's expansive enough to include more of your team's words while consistently and sensibly excluding the ones you don't want, and then hoping that your teammates will come to the same conclusion. It's like arguing constitutional law before a mix of strict-constructionists and judicial activists.

(February 14th, 2016, 14:02)El Grillo Wrote: It's like arguing constitutional law before a mix of strict-constructionists and judicial activists.

Speaking of picking references we can all relate to... wink
I have to run.