As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Adventure 1 - Magil Rumbles in the Jungle with Kongo

I'm putting my thread up early so I can make sure to work "Rumble in the Jungle" into my title before any other Kongo player does so twirl

I'm going to do a write-up in Open Office and export as a PDF. Here is a link. Feedback on the formatting is appreciated, as I can always change it if it doesn't look good to others (for me this is easily readable with my PDF viewer's zoom).

SPOILER:
I won a Cultural Victory on turn 233, A.D. 1610. Here's an Imgur gallery of end game screens. The write-up is now finished, so see the report for the full story.

Updated through turn 30(ish). Hope I'm not too wordy, but I feel like explaining mechanics in the very first Adventure is a good idea. Trying for a good mix of pictures and words.

Thanks for the report. Just looked at the first few turns so far, but I like it. Nice to see how another Kongo player is doing! Good luck on your further advancements!

(October 21st, 2016, 17:59)Ituralde Wrote: Thanks for the report. Just looked at the first few turns so far, but I like it. Nice to see how another Kongo player is doing! Good luck on your further advancements!

Thanks. I'll be looking through your thread as well fairly soon, though I saw enough to see that we at least started in the same location and picked very similar city sites for our first two expansions.

Updated through turn 92-ish. Some happenings in there. Added a big spoiler to the OP in case anyone wants to skip to the end. Don't say you weren't warned though!

Updated through turn 200ish. War and peace, culture and advancement. Drama! Circuses! Nearing the end now, can probably finish up tomorrow or the next day.

Heck with it, went ahead and finished the report. I promised myself I wouldn't play more Civ VI until I got the report fully written, because I was afraid I wouldn't get it written otherwise--well, it worked, because it was really long but I did it. I hope it's at least somewhat enjoyable, I know sometimes I sound more like a tutorial and tend to ramble, and other times I just make random 1-sentence comments on a picture. I put a fair amount of work into this though, so I hope it's good for someone out there.

Now to start delving deep into the other reports! I've done some cursory glances but I wanted to focus on finishing mine before getting too deep into it.

(I might edit it a bit later to correct any formatting or grammar/spelling errors I spot rereading it. I got anal about such things.)
Civ 6 Adventure 1 Report
Now complete!

This was really well done.  Golfclap
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Crushed my finish, which I expect will be ~t330 given my current rate of conquest. Nice job adapting to the new game so quickly.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Thanks folks.
(October 25th, 2016, 18:44)Dp101 Wrote: Crushed my finish, which I expect will be ~t330 given my current rate of conquest. Nice job adapting to the new game so quickly.

The cultural victory is pretty similar to Civ V's, which is probably why I was able to push it so quickly. It does have some new stuff, but I didn't even get to use that due to how quickly I just exploded in tourism (and largely ignored science after building one campus). Kongo's really able to get that stuff early, five slots in the capital turned out to be even more precious than I thought, since as I understand the tourism mechanic now, the sooner you start generating large amounts of tourism, the better. The later options are very powerful, but that's because they have to catch up to your older sources.

Edit: Interestingly, I think I could've won a cultural victory quite a bit quicker if I'd eliminated Japan at some point. It wasn't something that seemed practical since he was half the world away, but I probably could have done it regardless since it's only Prince.
Civ 6 Adventure 1 Report
Now complete!