As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

(Spoilers) Churchill's Old General Death

Mod:
https://civ.zulan.net/pb/PB_Mod_v9.zip

Settings:
Huts: Off
Events: On
Barbs: On
Gifting cities: allowed with limitations, further explanations will follow
Start: with settler
Capitol relocation after spaceship started: not allowed
Position on map: Random position (not on historical position)
Difficulty: Deity
Gifting units: not allowed
Corporations: modified to be weaker
Nuke: off

Players:
   1 Meiz -Darius
   2 kreutzberg -Napoleon
   3 Elkad -Frederick
   4 Der Graf -Gilgamesh
   5 xist10 -Victoria
   6 TeeRohr -Sulieman
   7 Frozen -Isabella
   8 klops -Louis
   9 Dullland -Huayna
   10 CivNoob -Hatschepsut
   11 Ceres -Gandhi
   12 Mr.X -Boudicca
   13 SvenBVBFan -Asoka
   14 nane -Hannibal
   15 Konsul -Lincoln
   16 Piccadilly -Julius Caesar
   17 firlefanzer -Suryavarman
   18 Kendogan -Brennus
   19 ziankali -Joao
   20 Plemo -Charlemagne
   21 Lao-Tse -Ramses
   22 CocoRico -Hammurabi
   23 cheggined -Mao
   24 wahl-profi -Peter
   25 Fimi  -Dutch
   26 BaII -De Gaulle
   27 naufragar -Montezuma
   28 Flunky -Zara
   29 aspi -Mansa Musa
   30 Aristobulus -Justinian
   31 SVE!V -Pericles
   32 Kaffeesatzleser -Alexander
   33 dvametraNINJA -Bismarck
   34 Jerry Demmings -Pacal
   35 Donovan Zoi -Tokugawa
   36 Hubabl -Roosevelt
   37 Holland -Elizabeth
   38 Jesper Portus -Ragnar
   39 Apenimon -Stalin
   40 superjm -Mehmed
   41 Empirate -Kublai Khan
   42 pico -Washington
   43 Admiral G -Sitting Bull
   44 shade -Genghis Khan
   45 asdfg -Wang Kon
   46 Korialstrasz -Catherine
   47 Suite -Saladin
   48 Rob Anybody -Qin
   49 superdeath Churchill
   50 Sauron44 -Shaka
   51 CivIVer -Augustus
   52 Leibniz -Cyrus

NAMES FOR CITIES::

Amber Spyglass
Balthamos
Chevalier Tialys
Dr Mary Malone
Elaine Parry
Father Gomez
Giacomo Paradisi

Hester
Iorek Byrnison
John Faa
Kirjava
Lyra Belacqua
Marisa Coulter
Northern Lights
Oliver Payne
Pantalaimon
NOTHING FOR Q
Ruta Skadi
Serafina Pekkala
The Master
NOTHING FOR U
NOTHING FOR V
Will Parry
Xaphania
Yelena Pazhets
NOTHING FOR Z
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Need to think of a city name theme. I had one that was probably in poor taste, so ill take a better suggestion.
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Checking in.

We have a horrible dry start, but hopefully not too many neighbours and some juicy backlines - we're guessing we're at the bottom of South America.

(November 28th, 2019, 05:38)superdeath Wrote: Need to think of a city name theme. I had one that was probably in poor taste, so ill take a better suggestion.

You already have 52 potential city names in your first post. lol
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(November 28th, 2019, 07:54)Charriu Wrote:
(November 28th, 2019, 05:38)superdeath Wrote: Need to think of a city name theme. I had one that was probably in poor taste, so ill take a better suggestion.

You already have 52 potential city names in your first post. lol

A player per city huh. That might be a decent backup.
-Old Harry. PB48.

Now that I think of it, I'm very curious what that poor taste city name theme is?

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(November 28th, 2019, 13:00)Charriu Wrote: Now that I think of it, I'm very curious what that poor taste city name theme is?

Being that we are playing Churchill, and playing against mostly German players it was possibly going to be a Nazi Germany naming scheme. But as i was already hesitant, Old Harry nudged me away from that with " Best not to offend people who might declare a forever-war and ruin our game because of it smile

[Image: 0mA2H4J.jpg]

[Image: w7mM46d.jpg]

Misplaced ice tile?
-Old Harry. PB48.

Good decision on the city theme. Germans take the remembrance of the crimes committed during that time quite serious. It's for a reason that some symbols, words and terms are either explicitly or implicitly forbidden in Germany.

Buy me a coffee

Yeah thats what i figured as well. Ok to talk/use the battles that they won during that war? Or is the whole topic a no-no out of curiosity.
-Old Harry. PB48.

(November 28th, 2019, 17:32)superdeath Wrote: Yeah thats what i figured as well. Ok to talk/use the battles that they won during that war? Or is the whole topic a no-no out of curiosity.

I would say even naming cities after battles from 39-45 is a no-no. Thougb you could use famous Germanic generals during 30 years war as a scheme, there's plenty.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.