As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

LURKER THREAD- No Players

Couldnt find a lurker thread on the other site so here is ours.

https://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?1...mels/page2

Post #25, sweet jesus that is an amazing start.

Comparing starts of Nauf and Superjm I'm still not convinced that map is that well balanced. Can't wait for Krill to comment on this once he sees those other starts with 3 food and green silver mine smile

Better balanced than the dry rice vs wet corn starts i saw. But no, without a mod to balance leaders/civs unless something really strange happens i can about bet that the winner is a leader with FIN.

I think in game this big it will mostly become neighbour luck contest to be honest.

I have to agree with Hitru. Don't forget that a lot of newbies are participating.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

It really isn't my place as a newcomer to post this in superjm's thread, but does anyone else find Krill's attitude toward the starts overly negative. True the start isn't great..... (if it wasn't that everything was desert the one food 4 flood plains would make more sense). Did he really expect perfection on a 52 player map? Everyone participating knew going in the odds were low on winning, but isn't the point to play the game?

I think Krills attitude is pretty justified here. The point is to have fun, but for alot of people that requires at least at the beginning, a chance to win. Superjm's start is frankly laughable.

Krill/SJim have chance to win ( but I understand their frustration, it can be annoying to play when you feel like others have way better tools to succeed than you have, we felt something similar with OH in pb42 (I think it was 42)). But Krill should remember that ( If I understand correctly ) there are guys playing who are nowhere near quality of random RB-player. If you have few of those as neighbours it does not matter if your starting area is bad as you will soon have their starting area too.

Oh boy, Ramk is stirring up a hornets' nest at Krill/SuperJim. Don't take it too hard, Ramk.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee