As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Succession Game, Anyone?

Well I'd be interested in taking part, but since I "discovered" FFH about a fortnight ago I may be judged to have too much experience:

First couple of games died early in embarrassing ways. (A vital learning experience BTW)
One complete game: Prince level Khazad, Tower of Mastery victory (though I could have taken Domination pretty easily)
Currently: Monarch level Balseraph; have passed the "fear of Barbs" phase and am jockeying for position with neighbours.

Most of my reading/research has been into the Lore of FfH and Civ-specific strategies rather than general guidelines. Still haven't quite wrapped my head around the Magic system yet, but think I'm getting there...

That's certainly not too much experience! I'd like one more I guess before starting this...surely someone else is interested in the best scenario in CIV?

Darrell

darrelljs Wrote:That's certainly not too much experience!
Cool! jive

Maybe it would spark some more interest if we started discussing some of the setup details...?

I'm guessing we'll be on an "Erebus" map; have you thought about size? Both of my games that lasted more than a couple-dozen turns (Large maps) have seen several rival Civs fall early to the Barbs, so I've been thinking about adding a couple more to the start to ensure enough rivals survive to make it competitive.

AI level is another question; I'm typically a Monarch/Emperor player on "normal" CIV, so tried Prince for my first few games and found it pretty easy once the initial Barb threat was handled (my nearest neighbour fell to them early, which certainly helped). My current Monarch game is looking to be shaping up into an easy victory, but I'm pretty sure I got a superb start position that allowed me to jump out infront quickly. It seems like overall difficulty on an Erebus map could be very start-dependant...

Of course the big question is which Civ we'll be taking on... crazyeye

Oops! I wasn't clear enough on this SG I think duh. There have been several SGs done using the actual MOD itself, but I want to do the scenario included with BtS. I myself have only played it once, a long time ago.

Darrell

Aha. Or maybe I'm just being thick. duh

In which case I probably /do/ have too much experience, as I played through that a couple of weeks ago ... which was actually what led me to the main mod.

aah i see now...well I haven't played the scenario at all...my turns played were with the actual mod...not that that should matter I guess...just wanted to throw my 2 cents in there...