As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Impossible difficulty suggestion

Unlimited range tech could be easily added to the tree by the sponsor using a hex editor. Sargon0 has dissected the save file format quite thoroughly. I don't have the link on hand right now, but I can post it later if anyone's curious.

As for difficulty, I'm pretty sure even on pre-patch hard difficulty, it would be beyond me wink

(June 25th, 2018, 04:50)utwig Wrote: Sorry for replying here, I just registered and seems I'm not yet able to post new threads.

I've been playing MOO a long time, usually on impossible but since I want to play for relaxing I play with Meklars who are able to come back even when behind in planets. I wanted to try something different so I rolled a start with Bulrathis (Impossible, Small, 5 oponents: Silicoid, Sakkra, Klaclom, Meklar, Psilon). The start is good as there are two habitable (Dessert and Steppe) planets 3 parsecs away behind and there are 3 Terran worlds within 4 parsecs (fuel cells 4 are available to research). However the tough part comes from bordering on Meklars and Klackons. I think this should be winnable with good play however I don't know how to hold on to planets that I can grab being the Bulrathis. By the time I have 2-3 bases and 2 6-heavy laser large cruisers, Meklars have huge 40 heavy lasers dreadnought.

I'm including turn 1 save, playing on 1.3 (can also patch to 1.4).

Just wanted to say thank you for a very entertaining save. It might be winnable, but it is a very hard one. Recommended!

Whoever said that impossible games level out after an initial onslaught was wrong here. This save is a never ending stream of incoming ships and tight battles. You balance on the border of survival for 200 years.
In my game, the Psilon became the dominant force, and I managed to eradicate the Klackons and take two worlds in the process (Zhardan and Kholdan) - to a total of 8! Eventually I lost by vote in 2549, but it was great fun!

The trick to survive the early onslaught is to go for planetary shield V quite early on, and then spy and trade techs as much as you can.

Thanks!